Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Weeks before this video was released everyone in the hip-hop community it seems was very eager to see what Jay-Z would do with this video. His next album The Blueprint 3 is set to be in stores on 9/11.

This website below gives an interesting read about a possible hidden meaning behind the video and then provides you with a look at the very hyped video. Which I would like to discuss. Do you agree with the article?

Is this music video a commentary on our society, the future of our society, the destruction of our society, or a reflection on what it might look like when we finally take back our society (like a look at the next revolution)? What exactly is Jay-z trying to say if anything?

www.examiner.com/x-20480-Orlando-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m8d21-Hidden-meaning-in-JayZs-new-video-Run-This-Town

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 3:03:54 GMT by Josh

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Kanye ruins everything.

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Lol I have to agree with that slightly ^
But the video I dont/didnt take much notice to it until everyone else did, it should be more about the song than the actual video anyways. I also think that (if you notice) they use all black people in the video? (Im 100% against racism let me just say) I just think that they obviously want racism to stop but there not exactly helping are they? Because in a lot of places in America and all over the world its white people as well? Anyways thats all I wanted to say :)

Oh...and the fact that I love the song!

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
How exactly does Kanye ruin everything?

I agree that people should focus more on the song, but when you see the music video you also get a visual look into how the artist wanted that song portrayed. If one was to listen to the song they might think Jay-Z is talking about "running" New York.. "I gotta table full of broads, they gotta table full of fellas." "I'mma couple bands down and trying to get back." These lines can be understood as "running" his town.

I think the fact it was all black people in the video is because Jay-Z wanted to portray this:

It brought back that feeling you get when you watch old footage of the Black Panther party when it started to get real thick in the late sixties when it came to race relations.

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Still I dont think its exactly helping some aspects of racism.
But anyway I dont think Kanyes part in the song is exactly needed, I wouldnt say he is crap in it but Jay z's and Rihannas lyrics are more strong

newBookmarkLockedFalling