Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I don't know about you guys, but I fuckin' love Mastodon. I'll hopefully be seeing them this October, and lately, I've been addicted to their newest album. It could hardly be called metal, but it's absolutely stunning from beginning to end. The Czar is my favorite track, all 11 minutes of it (coming from the guy who hates ...And Justice for All, Death Magnetic, and just about every song DragonForce has written on account of their length, among other things). I could listen to it forever. I swear, if I just close my eyes when I listen to it, I feel like I'm floating in space tripping on acid or something. Maybe not THAT extreme, but it's ridiculous how powerful that song is.

Yeah, what do you guys think of Mastodon?

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 3:03:31 GMT by Josh

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I like Sleeping Giant but that's it. Second best song intro ever. lol

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yes, Sleeping Giant is an amazing song. It has an awesome intro and a cool harmonized vocal line. That song is so eerie.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yes. Like I said, second best intro ever. Behind, only, Welcome Home by Coheed and Cambria. Sadly, the rest of that song doesn't matchup with the amazing intro. Sleeping Giant, however, is amazing in every aspect.

nrich

nrich Avatar

Banned

October 2006
preordered the deluxe edition of crack the skye as soon as it was announced. love love love mastodon. cts is already worthy of being called a legendary record

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
nrich Avatar
preordered the deluxe edition of crack the skye as soon as it was announced. love love love mastodon. cts is already worthy of being called a legendary record

Yes, it is. I actually got it the day before it came out. My local music store (the one that isn't Hot Topic and doesn't suck) gets stuff in early (as all stores do), but just kinda puts it out whenever instead of the actual release date. It was out 2 days early there.

I remember people were lining up outside Wal-Mart to get the Twilight movie at midnight and this place had it sitting out at 7 in the evening. What suckers.

newBookmarkLockedFalling