Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So I am listening to the latest Five Finger Death Punch album War Is The Answer right now and I must say... this is freaking amazing. Some really strong songs in Hard To See, No One Gets Left Behind, Far From Home, and My Own Hell. Canto 34 is a decent instrumental as well. Gives off a strong Metallica vibe with it.

Anyone else listen to it yet?

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 3:01:09 GMT by Josh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I haven't listened to it. I'm curious, though. You say it's amazing, but compared to what? Amazing compared to their last album or as good as their last album?

I've only ever really liked a few of their songs. Not that they're bad, but their first album was hit and miss with me. Should I expect this one to actually wow me or is it just more of what they were doing before (not that what they were doing was necessarily bad, just boring at times).

Either way, I'm seeing these guys live in a couple weeks, so I'm sure I'll get to hear the best this album has to offer.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It's good in general. My initial reaction was that this was the best metal album of 2009 (that I have listened to, obviously). I may have been overreacting a bit when I said that but I stand by that this is quite a good album and is quite a bit better than their debut.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'll definitely check it out, then. I mean, I was probably going to anyway, but now I think I might make more of an effort.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So I just got this album, but I haven't been able to give it a listen. I saw Five Finger Death Punch live last night. Those guys put on a hell of a show and Ivan is one hell of a frontman. It was awesome. Not being a huge fan of them and only being there really for Shadows Fall, I was just gonna chill, maybe headbang, whatever. But they gave me my second wind, and I dove into the mosh for White Knuckles (when a band says, "Minnesota is supposed to be the fucking craziest, so show me what you've got," I CAN'T sit still, even if I want to). It was a kickass show and I was digging their new songs.

newBookmarkLockedFalling