Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Hey you guys, a little help?

My friend and I are fighting about the worse kind of music, and we are fighting about what is worse, country or classical. What do you guys think?

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 3:16:19 GMT by Josh

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
I love classical/orchestral.

So i guess country is worse?

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
abZebras Avatar
I love classical/orchestral.

So i guess country is worse?

I like classical myself, or some. I hate country.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I hate both, but I hate country more. :)

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Quinine Avatar
I hate both, but I hate country more. :)

And now to show of to my friend....

purplehound

purplehound Avatar

May 2009
I happen to LOVE classical music! My favorite is stuff from the Baroque and Classical eras. I like some of the stuff from the Romantic era (Mussorgski's Pictures at an Exhibition being an all-time favorite!), I'm okay with the French Impressionist movement, but I mostly hate modern classical and especially the experimental stuff. Favorite composers are J.S. Bach, Vivaldi, Thomas Linley Jr., Mozart, Beethoven ("lovely, lovely Ludwig Van" to quote the psychopathic Alex from A Clockwork Orange.), and Handel.

I actually came to learn about classical through heavy metal and hard rock, strange as that may seem. When singer Ian Gillan joined Black Sabbath in 1983 for their Born Again album, I was so impressed with him that I wanted to hear more. I found out he achieved Rock God status as the singer for Deep Purple in the early 70's, so I started buying their albums. Then I discovered that before the seminal Deep Purple In Rock album, they had first recorded a live performance with the Royal Symphony Orchestra! The piece, called Concerto for Group and Orchestra, was scored by the band's keyboardist and presented the band and the orchestra as antagonists, battling for control, and in the end coming together. Then I began to pick up little bits of classical music or classical structure in their music and especially in their live performances.

Anyway, that's how I came to know and love classical. I still love hard rock and heavy metal but I'm not really up with contemporary stuff.

Cheers!

Brent

effyochicken

effyochicken Avatar

May 2009
I don't have a major problem with either one.... I'd say country is worse though, same singer in every song and all the songs are the same. Get some diversity omfg.....

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I personally just hate country because it gets annoying after a while.

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Country :) I like music that you can move to (well move fast)

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling