Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ok. Quick rant. I'm getting sick of "musicians" using freaking autotune. People like T-Pain, Lil' Wayne, and any number of pop musicians who can't sing for shit but have angelic voices on their albums. If you can't sing or, in the case of rappers like T-Pain and Lil' Wayne, you shouldn't sing as a career. I can't fix cars for shit and guess what? I'm not going to be an auto mechanic.

The T-Pain effect is cool but I have never heard him without it. It's a gimmick. Something should be done once or twice and then forgotten.

So in closing of this short and jumbled rant, if you feel the need to use Autotune to mask your horrible voice... stay the hell out of music or play an instrument and let people who can actually sing do their job.

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 3:19:47 GMT by Josh

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Unless you're autotuning the news.

But yes, it is getting annoying.

Last Edit: Jun 30, 2009 18:24:41 GMT by abZebras

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Wow, that was pretty awesome.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Well to be honest auto-tune has always been T-pains thing and recently rappers and stuff have been using it and basically overusing/abusing it lol. You can't really hate on T-pain hes always used it and hes been fine I guess and made good songs. Now though everyone is doing it and I agree with you they should stop, but T-pain has made his whole career out of it and doing it for years and no one really had a problem with him till now.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Hotshot Avatar
Well to be honest auto-tune has always been T-pains thing and recently rappers and stuff have been using it and basically overusing/abusing it lol. You can't really hate on T-pain hes always used it and hes been fine I guess and made good songs. Now though everyone is doing it and I agree with you they should stop, but T-pain has made his whole career out of it and doing it for years and no one really had a problem with him till now.

I've always had a problem with it. And people have made entire careers off of it too. Autotune is used heavily by most major pop stars to fix their shitty voices. Ashlee Simpson, much?

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I totally agree with you josh, t-pain is a FAILURE.
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling