Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Eric Avatar
: Fruits Basket is a shoujo manga I believe (for girls/women that is), so it doesn't surprise me that none of us mentioned it. Mostly I read shounen(for boys) and seinen(for young men). FMA is pretty good though, the overall plot seems pretty good and it has a storyline that actually goes somewhere.

Fruits basket is a pretty good anime but its sad that they stop making the anime all together ends like in vol 5 i think of the manga. Manga is still going both are good sofar most everyone has said the animes and manga i like i'll have to do something on few others i like just can't think of the name right now

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Fruits Basket is shoujo, which is manga targeted toward a teenage, female audience. Generally, guys don't read too much of that stuff. I did read a few shoujo mangas, though. I can confirm that the average dude would probably not want to bother with 'em. I just read them because of the unbelievably epic plot twists that kept popping up. It was like a soap opera on steroids. It was awesome! =D

Anyway, I just read through a good chunk of a manga called "Esprit". I actually fairly enjoyed it. Pretty funny stuff and it has a good story. =D
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

The kinds of things that someone who knows nothing of Japanese would not notice or care about? In that case, sure. But I like to just sit and watch my anime. Hearing Japanese voices with English subtitles does not enhance my experience in the slightest. And as someone who multi-tasks, it's much easier to have English dubbing so I can still follow along while I browse Facebook or text like I am right now. I don't have to devote 100% of my efforts on the show in question.
I've actually picked up on a fair amount of those types of things just by watching the subbing (and reading the manga). I actually prefer when the subbing crew leaves in the common japanese words, that way you can pick up on their meaning.

I don't know, English voices to Japanese characters just doesn't match for me. But I might give it a try for Bebop.

Fair enough. Either way, I'm one of those people who just doesn't care. So yeah. :P

And seriously, get the Cowboy Bebop DVD's. Not only can I guarantee that you'll love it, but like I said, it comes dubbed (default) AND subbed if you happen to hate it. I believe it does, anyway. Some episodes for sure. I'd have to check, but the case is like 3 feet away and I only ever watched like 2 episodes subbed.

While typing this, I got curious and checked. Comes subbed with Japanese voices. :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling