Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006

(Click for full size)

Ugh. The Fall 2009 season looked pretty grim, but this one's even worse. Dance in the Vampire Bund and Omamori Himari are the only two series I'll consider, and I'll probably end up dropping one or both of them. It just doesn't feel like either one stands a big chance at being any good. I like the manga for both of 'em, but I dunno how well an animated version will go...

I'll also check out the OVA for Aki-Sora. I don't really like the manga off of which it's based too much, but I can't help but laugh my ass off at how needlessly perverted it is. The OVA will probably be the same. ^_^

Anything look appealing to anybody on this list?

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 4:08:34 GMT by Josh
wat

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
question where would be a good place to watch and read some of these?

newfieldgrafix
Erm to read "Uncompressed Manga" (you know where I'm going with this...) I would suggest you click Scorpy's sig.

As for Animé, [removed] have some good stuff, subbed not dubbed...

Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 9:00:42 GMT by Scorpian

Jake

Jake Avatar

ProNation

December 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Dec 11, 2009 3:02:10 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
As for Animé, [removed] have some good stuff, subbed not dubbed...
Good link is good for it has G Gundam. Huzzah!

Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 9:01:00 GMT by Scorpian

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Sorry Zell, but that site serves fansubs, which are actually illegal. When it comes to manga, the legality of scanlated manga is generally left up to the English licensors, but the copyright on anime is much more strict.

As for places to legally obtain/watch anime, your best bet is to check the website of the company that has licensed the anime (if any). Funimation licenses a lot of stuff, and they stream most of it online for free in both subbed and dubbed format. You can find it here: www4.funimation.com/video/?

Hulu & YouTube also have some good stuff. I know Bandai puts some of their series on YT. Viz is also simulcasting the final InuYasha season on Hulu.

Finally, one of the absolute best places to check is CrunchyRoll. It started out as a site like the one Zell linked, but it went legit not too long ago. Right now, they actually license some of the stuff that's getting ready to air and simulcast it. The way it works is that subscribers to the site get access to the anime within hours of it airing in Japan. Everybody else (guests included) then get access to it a week later.

Simply put, the American companies are finally starting to accept that people want to watch anime through the Internet and are adjusting accordingly. It's the entire reason dattebayo stopped subbing Naruto. Just look up some big name companies (i.e. Viz, Funimation, etc.) and check their websites. You'll be surprised at what you can find.
wat

newfieldgrafix
@ Scorpy.

Oh shit. I'm so sorry I really didn't know it was illegal. They go on about Licensing, I assumed it was legit.

Sorry

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Dec 11, 2009 10:22:24 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
@ Scorpy.

Oh shit. I'm so sorry I really didn't know it was illegal. They go on about Licensing, I assumed it was legit.

Sorry

It's cool. The copyright area in the world of anime & manga is an ugly-ass mess. I doubt there's a single person on this planet who fully understands it. There are legal disputes all the time. Finding what's legit and what's illegal is very hard these days because few people actually know how to tell which is which. I just happen to be one of those few. Well, to a certain extent, at least.

Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 10:26:19 GMT by Scorpian
wat

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, I guess I should have known.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
well far as that list none stand out that would make me go "oh snap got to check that out" but there are a few that i would most likely check just to see what it is all about. I'm slacking in the anime and manga department need to get back on the track of things.

newBookmarkLockedFalling