Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I don't have an actual legit source on this, so you're going to have to take my word as an IMAX projectionist about it for now. Basically, I received the trailer placement request from Disney for the next few weeks. On the IMAX print for Avatar, they are requesting a trailer be placed for "Alice in Wonderland IMAX 3D #1" and "Toy Story 3 IMAX 3D #2". Evidently, Pixar's shootin' for the biggest screen, this time around (There should be a confirmed source on this right before Dec. 18, the release date for Avatar 3D).

So what do you guys think of this? I personally find it strange enough that they're going for digital 3D, but IMAX 3D? I don't know. IMAX 3D does tend to work really well with animated movies. Would it be worth the $14 ticket to go see it in IMAX (I mean true IMAX, not this "IMAX-digital" crap)?

Last Edit: Jan 7, 2010 4:09:45 GMT by Josh
wat

newfieldgrafix
I'd hate to be the guy that sits there re-rendering each frame for 3D, then for home (Red/Blue) 3D...

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Dec 6, 2009 5:56:31 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I'd hate to be the guy that sits there re-rendering each frame for 3D, then for home (Red/Blue) 3D...

I get the feeling that it really doesn't take much effort. With the computer might behind Pixar (It was bought from George Lucas in the 80's by Steve Jobs and was only recently sold to Disney), I am sure they use some top of the line supercomputers to render everything.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006

If it takes that long to render one frame normally, think of how long it must take to render the 3D version of a frame!
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I guess I was wrong. Damn. Of course, I am sure they are rendering multiple frames at a time. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I approve. My girlfriend approves (and screamed.) I think we're set in Nebraska. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
I approve. My girlfriend approves (and screamed.) I think we're set in Nebraska. :P

Isn't your girlfriend like... a thousand miles away?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Chris Avatar

Skype. :P

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Chris Avatar
Josh Avatar

Skype. :P

These days, distance doesn't matter. Anybody can keep in touch with anybody in real time. I mean, hell, just look at what all of us are doing. ^_^

<3 technology
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Scorpian Avatar

These days, distance doesn't matter. Anybody can keep in touch with anybody in real time. I mean, hell, just look at what all of us are doing. ^_^

<3 technology

But it's much harder to hear someone scream when you communicate over the internet was Josh's point, I believe. ;)

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Lucifer Avatar
But it's much harder to hear someone scream when you communicate over the internet was Josh's point, I believe. ;)

No, it's not. If your ears are bleeding, you know they're screaming. :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Benjamin Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

No, it's not. If your ears are bleeding, you know they're screaming. :P

Or you just listened to Gilbert Gottfried.

Last Edit: Dec 9, 2009 3:54:19 GMT by Josh

newBookmarkLockedFalling