Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I posted this on the Xbox forums, hoping someone can answer it, but someone here may also know a fix for it or at least why it is happening..

Topic: forums.xbox.com/30744972/ShowPost.aspx#30744972

Hi all, I really hope there is someone here that will be able to help me with this problem, it's really really annoying. For the past few days, possibly a week, when I try connect to Xbox Live (be it via the dashboard or in-game) between the times of 4pm and 11pm UK time, it won't connect. Any time before 4pm and after 11pm it lets me on no problem. I assumed this was due to my brother using his laptop, thus it being peak times and it was sharing the speed out to 2 places, meaning it'd be laggy. Which would make sense. However, today my brother isn't here, so his laptop isn't on using the internet/wireless, but I tried to connect and got the same error. When I do a connection test, it says that I am connected to the internet but cannot connect to live, or something along those lines. I'm not even downloading anything or anything like that (never do when on XBL).. So that isn't even the problem. I've restarted my router, took my Xbox Wireless Adapter out, but still nothing. As soon as it hits that 4pm mark, XBL wont connect, then as soon as it hits 11pm it connects. Those times are the times I prefer/can play my Xbox. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
Have you called Xbox Live Support? They usually have the answer to this sort of thing...unless there is some guru over there in the forums. I'd call first...and see what they have to say.

I'd love to help because I'm always online on Xbox Live...but this sort of thing I've never heard of.

Last Edit: Jan 8, 2010 20:44:17 GMT by Fury Of The Storm

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I have no clue what their number is..
Do they have a centre based in the UK otherwise it'll be expensive for me since I'd be using a mobile phone.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
1-800-4MY-XBOX

I've called it so many times it's ridiculous.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
.... Can I ring that number? Do 1-800 etc work for us in England?

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
.... Can I ring that number? Do 1-800 etc work for us in England?

It should.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Does it cost a hell of a lot though? Don't suppose it's a freephone number? lol

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/contact/

Google is your friend. ;)

For future reference, 1-800's are free for US customers (and perhaps Canadian). If I had known you weren't American, I would have Googled it for you. :P

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
But.. everyone knows I'm not American :'(
Cheers for the link btw, appreciated.

newBookmarkLockedFalling