Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
www.oneview.proboards.com/index.cgi

Can you give me tips on how to make the skin better? Icons, UBBCs, smileys, whatever. :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
When I look at your sig, it looks semi-professional, in a sort of casual and fun way.

But when I arrive at the site, it's overall design seems a little...lacking.
The structure is solid, design is clean. But I think it needs a little more color, something to make it stand out more. Maybe a little more abstract and nonlinear in terms of design, something to bring it all together. Because in all honesty I see a standard single-color skin. Also, not a real problem, but the orange on gray & gray on orange sometimes is a little hard to see, also the green of moderator.

Overall, a good skin, with some work to do.

3/5

Last Edit: Jan 11, 2010 1:26:44 GMT by abZebras

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Thanks for that, and I see what you mean. When we made the previews, we didn't include and ad, so it looked so much better. I totally understand, but we have no ideas. :-/

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I like it a lot. Take the google search out though, add some menu rollovers, use a little bit of a darker hex for the text, and don't have two register buttons on it. Take the actual navTree one out.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Yeah, it started with the Nav Tree out, but it's really useful, no matter how aesthetically unpleasing it is. What kinda of menu rollovers were you thinking of?

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Possibly have them turn that pleasant orange/yellow color? That would fit the skin nicely.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
The forum width and banner proportion is totally wrong.
Either make the forum width as small as the banner section, or vice versa.
I'd suggest the latter.

The old/new icons just look too simple and basic and don't fit the skin in my opinion.
How about making names the same hex as the boards' rollover/hover? Or make topic titles that colour. I'd go with the names though.

{blanka}

{blanka} Avatar

ProNation

March 2007
After literally an hour I just found out that there's a border around the banner which I'm not sure about. The first thing that hit my mind is alignment between the menu buttons and the banner (on guest view) is a bit off. I also mistakenly thought "the place for your forum visual needs" was a menu button, perhaps try making it smaller? Finally the menu buttons are choppy, out of placed and rather large in comparison to the banner.

However, I'm fond with the simplistic approach and soothing colors. Oh and your smilies are nice.

These are just my first thoughts when viewing your site. I may make a more helpful post after I'm done with finals. And also good luck on the forum, you'll need it. =P

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Thanks. :P

The border around the banner is weird, it works fine for me, and all the colours are the same HEX. :-/

We're still considering the menu buttons, but I think they're staying. Thanks for your input though. :D

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
ADD ROLLOVERS!!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The gradient you use as the background of windowbg and windowbg2 doesn't blend properly with the actual BG color of them, so when the gradient ends, there's a notable cut off.

www.oneview.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=vg&action=display&thread=115&page=1

It's most visible when viewing a post. And also the gradient BG doesn't work too well with the miniprofile "border" of the lower content... you can see where the BG should show but doesn't, and it's annoying.

Past that, not a whole lot to say other then what they're mentioned.

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Hmm, that's weird. For me, it works fine. I'll have to look more closely into that. I'll do that tomorrow, I was 100% unaware of that. Thanks. :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling