Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
I have my NES, but I havent played it in forever. I've got SMB, Tetris, Zelda, and a bunch of other games, but Tetris is by far my favorite.
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'm a retro gamer. :P I tend to play ROMs more or less now because I don't have my SNES and NES at one house to play since my parents are divorced.

As far as the NES, I love my classic Mario Bros and this Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game we own... the game is damn near impossible, but a lot of fun. As far as NES goes, that's it for the games I tend to play. Occasionally Dr. Mario or Tetris I suppose, for old times sake.

For the SNES.... Super Mario Bros, for sure. Then Final Fantasy II (IV in Japan) with the Dark Knight -> Paladin plot. :P Currently playing the remake for DS actually. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was a blast too (very few people know this one though. :() Oh, and of course, Zelda: Link to the Past is god-like in all standards.

So, yeah, I'm a retro gamer. :P I may just got break out my old clunky black-and-white Gameboy and play some Pokemon Red now too.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Is Mystic Quest really good? I know of it and everything, but I've never heard much about it as to whether or not it's good or not.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Is Mystic Quest really good? I know of it and everything, but I've never heard much about it as to whether or not it's good or not.

It's interesting at least. I mean, I really like it because it's a childhood memory and thus I'm biased. :P I'd maybe give it a try if you're bored... but be warned, it's completely different from the normal FF games. You only ever have two characters (and at times, one) and there's only 16 weapons in the whole game... 12 spells also I believe. So, yeah, it's kinda short but a lot of fun and still a challenge from time to time. No random battles either.

{blanka}

{blanka} Avatar

ProNation

March 2007
Nope, I'm not sure why so many people find them interesting tbh. I mean it's not the graphics that bother me (well a little bit) but it's the awful controls and insane difficulty that scares me away. Obviously, I'm not speaking for all games but most of them are too me. Eh, the only retro games I'd go back to is RPG games and the occasional 2-D mario games (for nostalgic reasons).

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
{blanka} Avatar
Nope, I'm not sure why so many people find them interesting tbh. I mean it's not the graphics that bother me (well a little bit) but it's the awful controls and insane difficulty that scares me away. Obviously, I'm not speaking for all games but most of them are too me. Eh, the only retro games I'd go back to is RPG games and the occasional 2-D mario games (for nostalgic reasons).

Actually, most good games on older systems have amazing controls. Kirby Superstar, any Mario game, Megaman, Aladdin, Castlevania, take your pick. Side-scrolling platformers were basically perfected. That's why these games stand the test of time. Amazing controls, often time great art (SNES, anyway), and ball-bustingly hard difficulties. That's exactly what makes the games awesome. When I watched my buddies playing Megaman 2, they kept dying and trying over and over. I wanted to rage-quit WATCHING them play. I don't think I would've tried it a second time, let alone the 10-20 times they did.

newBookmarkLockedFalling