Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Are any of you guys still stuck in the golden age?

Well, I know I am. I still play on my Super Nintendo. I play Secret of Mana, Seiken Desentu 3 (thank god I havee cousins), Secret of Evermore, Illusion of Gaia, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy II, an occasional Super Mario All-Stars, and very rarely Mario Paint. I also still play (but not nearly as old gaming) Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Kart, and Super Mario Sunshine for Gamecube. Not to mention a few random Gameboy Advanced games, and Gameboy Color games (i don't even want to know their titles).

Anyone else still a retro gamer?

All I know is I play more retro than modern.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I've been shopping around for an SNES. I want about 40 games (don't make me list them) for it. I'd much rather have it than any other system. My sister has the SNES we used to have (she moved out) and it's basically my favorite system ever.

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Actually, modern are starting to bore alittle mainly because every company wants to make an FPS of any kind. FPS games were fun for like a year or two, but it's starting to get old really fast. The CoD games are an example.

So I started to good old Super Mario Bros. for NES, it never gets old for me. Eventually, I'll put in SSBM from time to time (if only it had online play -_-). But yea, I'm still a retro gamer. ^_^

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Just finished playing Final Fantasy I. Probably will be playing II shortly.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Occasionally I play SNES, N64, or PS2. They don't always work though

Just brought out the original FZero which I've played a bit the past 2 days

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
My SNES always work.

What games do you guys still play?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
My SNES always work.

What games do you guys still play?

None since I lack the SNES, but my favorite SNES games were Mortal Kombat, Donkey Kong Country (honestly one of my favorite games ever), Final Fantasy 3 (I actually have it as 6 for the PS1 Anthology, though I haven't actually played it in forever), Final Fantasy 5 (also been forever, but I plowed through a good chunk of that game; I should pick it up again), Super Mario World, and I'm pretty much drawing a blank on everything else. I'm home sick and tired, so whatever. But yeah. I'll go see about getting a list of SNES games I want.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Long post, so I'm just gonna double post. Sue me.

Battletoads & Double Dragon
Battletoads in Battlemaniacs
Breath of Fire
Breath of Fire II
Chrono Trigger
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Disney's Aladdin
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Doom
F-Zero
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Harvest Moon
Illusion of Gaia
Jeopardy! Deluxe Edition
Kirby Super Star
Legend of Zelda, The: A Link to the Past
Lost Vikings, The
Mario Paint
Mario's Time Machine
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Mortal Kombat 3
Nobunaga's Ambition
Primal Rage
Raiden
Secret of Mana
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Tetris & Dr. Mario
X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

That's my list. It's copied from a previous list I made for a debate with a buddy of mine (those are 40 of about 50+ games I thought made the SNES great). Yes, I want every one of those games. Many games more than others, but all games I wish to add to my collection at some point. The main ones are the Mario ones, Donkey Kong ones, Kirby, Zelda, and Chrono Trigger. I actually found a deal on Craigslist, but the guy never got back to me about holding the items until I could afford it (it was Christmas and I was broke).

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Wow. I only have about half of those. :P

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
The oldest game I play regularly is Age of Empires 2 with a group of friends. (8 player yay)

I used to have a SNES I managed to get for £11 maybe 7 years ago by haggling with someone at a car boot sale. Unfortunately I gave it to someone else, so all I have now in the way of retro is an N64 which never gets used.

tbh I wasn't that interested in the classic retro games. Maybe I just didn't play the right ones.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
i'm with Lucifer been looking for a snes for some time, been when i'm with friends and what not always try to play some old games ^_^

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Arucard Avatar
i'm with Lucifer been looking for a snes for some time, been when i'm with friends and what not always try to play some old games ^_^

Just buy one online or at an old video game store.

Or... Amazon:
www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000035Y6D/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263300548&sr=8-1&condition=used

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I very picky when it comes to buying certain things online, this being one of them. Trying t find one that is in very good shape if not almost new (unheard of just about but u never know) close old video game store is over 90miles away >_>.

But i was talking to my friend the other day and he might have found me one and have to wait see

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
Arucard Avatar

Just buy one online or at an old video game store.

Or... Amazon:
www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000035Y6D/ref=sr_1_olp_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263300548&sr=8-1&condition=used

I search Craigslist because they generally have pictures (so you can judge the condition yourself a bit) and are often sold with a lot of games (or, at the very least, a few really popular ones). So yeah, I like getting the "bundles", so to speak.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I think I've become a casual gamer. All I ever sample now are sports games or big-name titles. If I met myself five years in the past I think we would hate each other

newBookmarkLockedFalling