Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I was just having this discussion with a friend. The things that make people unique are interesting as hell, even if a bit disturbing.

So, tell me (and everyone else, of course), some odd things about you that make you unique. I'm not talking about having a bad relationship with your dad or anything like that, I am talking things that few others can say about themselves.

Personally, one odd thing about me is that I have never in my life used a urinal. I can use toilets no problem, I just cannot use a urinal.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I had a thread about this a long time ago. Apparently everything about me I thought was odd wasn't so strange since at least one person agreed with me on everything. So...I don't know what's odd. I do have an irrational fear of stepping on paper when I walk down steps. I'm always afraid I might slip on it. I know I won't, but it makes me nervous, so I either avoid it or make an effort to step on it firmly to make sure I don't fall and to hopefully break this phobia.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
I had a thread about this a long time ago. Apparently everything about me I thought was odd wasn't so strange since at least one person agreed with me on everything. So...I don't know what's odd. I do have an irrational fear of stepping on paper when I walk down steps. I'm always afraid I might slip on it. I know I won't, but it makes me nervous, so I either avoid it or make an effort to step on it firmly to make sure I don't fall and to hopefully break this phobia.

That actually is pretty weird. :P Similarly, I (subconsciously) avoid stepping on cracks in pavement and on large tiled floors. I notice myself doing it from time to time. I'm not trying to do it, but I do it nonetheless

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I have too many quirks to post about, but I'll mention a few. I can't put my condiments on the lettuce on the cheese, but it's perfectly fine to g on the bun or the meat. My room is filthy, but if I ever get a finger print on my phone, or iPod, or sunglasses I'll freak out. I find when I'm walking I avoid cracks as well. I'm odd. Let's just leave it at that. :P

Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010 3:33:04 GMT by Conor

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I think everyone is really odd in their own way. That's what makes us normal.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I use a lot of animated words like "bam," "kapow," "zing," "zam," so on. That's about it.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Josh Avatar
I was just having this discussion with a friend. The things that make people unique are interesting as hell, even if a bit disturbing.

So, tell me (and everyone else, of course), some odd things about you that make you unique. I'm not talking about having a bad relationship with your dad or anything like that, I am talking things that few others can say about themselves.

Personally, one odd thing about me is that I have never in my life used a urinal. I can use toilets no problem, I just cannot use a urinal.

You literally can't use one? You have a phobia or them or something?
If not a phobia.. actually, either way, pretty weird lol :P

I can't really think of anything in all honesty.
I'm sure many things have come up whilst talking to people on MSN or in other discussions, but off the top of my head I can't think of anything. :-/

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I speak using proper, grammatically-correct English whenever possible. In today's world, that makes me a freak.
wat

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Scorpian Avatar
I speak using proper, grammatically-correct English whenever possible. In today's world, that makes me a freak.

Hmm..., yeah, that does, unless of course you're an English teacher.....

Most of mine are just because I'm a writer, and my characters live in my head, and apparantly if a character has lived in my head since I was seven, and they then disappear, my head becomes chaos, and, they can be semi-real-ish, I don't really know, and that character won't really tell me much, which is really, really, really annoying. I do know tha I have talked to her on the phone though..., and I didn't know her, but when I said hi, she immediately started apologizing, and it was really weird, and I really miss her, my head feels empty without her.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Stinky666 Avatar
Josh Avatar

I'm sure many things have come up whilst talking to people on MSN or in other discussions, but off the top of my head I can't think of anything. :-/

I am unsure. I just... can't. I can't even bring myself to zip my pants down in front of one, much less use one.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Josh Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar

I am unsure. I just... can't. I can't even bring myself to zip my pants down in front of one, much less use one.

It's okay if you have size issues and can't get enough out to go, we understand.

In an effort to not stutter or stammer, I may sometimes have a very different placement of words to get across what I'm trying to say.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

That actually is pretty weird. :P Similarly, I (subconsciously) avoid stepping on cracks in pavement and on large tiled floors. I notice myself doing it from time to time. I'm not trying to do it, but I do it nonetheless

I dodge cracks as well.

--
So many weird things about me that I don't even know where to begin.

As pertaining to food- I like animal crackers but they make me crazy nauseous, and I don't like popcorn

As pertaining to riding in cars
-I imagine a little guy (used to usually be Crash Bandicoot) running on and around obstacles beside the road
-I make a tick noise whenever between lines on the road (ie signpost and a tree)
-as the cars would pass in the opposite direction on the highway, as they passed out of vision they would be the accents to whatever song I was listening to

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Oh, where to start?

Well:
1. I took the ACT test when I was like in 7th grade (I am an 8thy). Apparently I did well enough to go to my first year of college. And now my parents think I am a freak.
2. I keep on having weird thoughts about how the world will end, how the world was created, what happens when I die, etc.
3.I am an absolute mess (just see me carry around things at school and you'd get it), yet I know all 57 papers in my folder and I am typically one to five pages off when I get it (did I mention not in a binder or folder or anything?)?
4. This isn't really an odd thing, but I like Michigan State. It is only odd at my school because a guy in green and white disappear in a crowd of red and blue (jayhawk) and a little purple (kansas state).
5. When I was younger, my mom said I learned things really quickly and I was EXTREMELY affected by 9/11, even though I knew no one and barely knew the details of it.
6. This is extremely strange, and might be just luck. But every once and a while, I see what is going to happen in 10 seconds (like, the bell rings right on the mark, a girl spills her tray, etc.). It is very weird and spooky.

newBookmarkLockedFalling