Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Clicky

Darksiders is a single-player action adventure where that player takes control of the protagonist, "War" of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse in a third-person perspective, engaging in combat, puzzles and exploration.[3] The world is divided into separate locations with many areas at first being inaccessible before War regains many of his lost weapons and abilities. The center of the world, the Crossroads, acts as a hub where War is given new objectives and paths to further unlock new areas. Each contains a series of linear and non-linear paths, many of which require large sections of platforming, climbing and swimming along environment-based puzzles that impair progress that require the use of newly-gained abilities and weapons.

So has anyone played this yet? What are your thoughts of the game?

I have to say i just got the game yesterday and its freakin sweet game. Reminds me alot of Devil may cry and God of war. log about 5hrs of game play, i just was to keep going and not stop ;D

Very good game :: rate 5 ::

Thoughts, comments?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
This is gonna be a weird question, but is it more like God of War or Devil May Cry. God of War had epic boss battles, but that was about it. So despite the great, polished gameplay, taking on 2 or 3 guys at a time was boring, especially since they were many times like mini-bosses. Devil May Cry, on the other hand, throws 10 guys at you at once, and then more that spawn as you kill them. They may go down faster, but it makes for a lot faster and more intense gameplay.

So yeah, I'm a big DMC fan, but God of War was somewhat disappointing for me. How does this one play? Is it slaughtering hordes of minions as flashy as possible, or is the entire focus on combo-ing just a couple big baddies per stage/area/room?

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Lucifer Avatar
This is gonna be a weird question, but is it more like God of War or Devil May Cry. God of War had epic boss battles, but that was about it. So despite the great, polished gameplay, taking on 2 or 3 guys at a time was boring, especially since they were many times like mini-bosses. Devil May Cry, on the other hand, throws 10 guys at you at once, and then more that spawn as you kill them. They may go down faster, but it makes for a lot faster and more intense gameplay.

So yeah, I'm a big DMC fan, but God of War was somewhat disappointing for me. How does this one play? Is it slaughtering hordes of minions as flashy as possible, or is the entire focus on combo-ing just a couple big baddies per stage/area/room?

there is no mini-bosses in this game far as i know and the boss battles are pretty nice.

Now far as baddies go at time there can be a few here in there but for the most part you get hit with at least 4 or 5 at a time sometimes more.

So i guess you can say it leans more toward DMC in away b/c you get alot more baddies to down. but has the add of GOW where you can do your "finisher or instant kill" move after you work on them for a bit.

There are puzzles in the game and among like "side quests" you have to do were you can fight lots of baddies.

You get souls in here for your $$, HP, and Warth (magic) also have rage. Kickass weapons.. So more DMC in many ways but with GOW in some parts

Cut scenes are nice i have to say and graphics overall are good.

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
Arucard Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

there is no mini-bosses in this game far as i know and the boss battles are pretty nice.

Now far as baddies go at time there can be a few here in there but for the most part you get hit with at least 4 or 5 at a time sometimes more.

So i guess you can say it leans more toward DMC in away b/c you get alot more baddies to down. but has the add of GOW where you can do your "finisher or instant kill" move after you work on them for a bit.

There are puzzles in the game and among like "side quests" you have to do were you can fight lots of baddies.

You get souls in here for your $$, HP, and Warth (magic) also have rage. Kickass weapons.. So more DMC in many ways but with GOW in some parts

Cut scenes are nice i have to say and graphics overall are good.

There are a few mini-boss battles. and there not as easy as you think either...Sometimes they'll send 2 of them after you...Anyways.

Great game...I've just beaten Straga a 2nd time...the 1st boss you fight. He is easy as hell if you ask me. I won't ruin anything, but wait till you find out who "The Destroyer" is.

The only thing I found that sucked. Is that there was only 1 weapon you could buy.

Last Edit: Jan 21, 2010 21:06:29 GMT by Fury Of The Storm

newBookmarkLockedFalling