Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
God, you either like them, or you hate them so much.

I am in need of a new printer. I currently have a D4260 (HP) that is running on Windows 7 that (A) keeps making copies of itself (I believe my last printer name for it was HP D4260 [copy 6]), (B) it eats up my black ink, and (C) it is a single functiion $0 piece of crap. I hate it. So much.

But this week, I am prolly getting a new Lexmark printer (My dad buys the ink). Thinking the x5650. I like the brand (and so does my Dad), and this $60 printer is a printer, scanner (did I mention mine is a piece of shit of well?), faxer, and copier. Well, I won't be using the fax so much, but it was a good deal at Target.

Who has a printer they hate? Why? Any brands you like or hate? Why? Or do you love your printer? How much was it?

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Recently, we got a HP Photosmart Premium, which is quite expensive (£99), but it's great. It has built in USB, SD, and Micro SD card slots, where you can view photos on them. It's a printer, faxer, copier, scanner. Great quality too. :)
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Hmm... i got a dell printer few yrs back does copying, scanner and printer all in one type dell for like $60ish maybe not sure. Works ok but been thinking about getting a better one and giving that one to mom since she is in need of one.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I don't have a printer (my dad does), but I wish more people used fax machines. I'd love to just fax people random shit all day. It's like slow, annoying, inconvenient email. How great is that?

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
i have an old HP printer that came soooo close to having the hell beat out of it the other night. it refused to print anything except the page that I didnt want printed. that, and it prints horribly slow and runs out of ink pretty fast :P
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Lucifer Avatar
I don't have a printer (my dad does), but I wish more people used fax machines. I'd love to just fax people random shit all day. It's like slow, annoying, inconvenient email. How great is that?

lmao, that would be so much fun if i had a fax

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I've never had problems with Cannon or HP. Except for the Cannon that fell out of my car when I got home from college in May. Needless to say, the printer doesn't print anymore.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
xmsteel Avatar
DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get an HP or Lexmark.

Lexmark inks are the most expensive inks on the market, based on Office Max, Office Depot, Walmart, and Kodak.

HP has terrible customer service, and they require you to download so much crap just to print a page now and then.

The best printer I have EVER had was a Kodak ESP-3 All-In-One. It was loud, but it printed great, and Kodak customer service was excellent.
Not only that, but the ink was $9.99 for black, $14.99 for color.

Guess what? Lexmark's ink actually last. I bought my printer, and printerd out 10 high quality photos (holy shit!) and I still have about 88% colored ink left. Not to mention I printer several other color pages. HP would be almost half done.

I agree though, don't get HP.

BTW, lexmark allows you to get 2 free inks for every five you mail back to them and buy from them. It pays off.

newfieldgrafix
I hate printers, utter waste of time. Well, for me anyways.

If I ever need anything sending to press, I do exactly that, send it to press. The things I normally print are fliers, banners, poster, shirts, etc. so for me to get a printer to do that... ouch.

The old A2 printer was enough problems. I just pay a company to do it.

newfieldgrafix
When I used to have an Epson, I used to get color for $1.00 an black for $0.50.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar

What are you talking about? Lexmarks ink is last? Huh?

He didn't say it is last. He said it lasts. As in it uses less ink and lasts a longer period of time.

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, the cool thing about Epson is fricken' cheap ink.

Try www.imjet.com. They're good for ink.

xcessive

xcessive Avatar

Official Member

February 2010
Ink is fucking overpriced.

I went through like $300 worth during my final exams printing out notes and past exams and such.

Last Edit: Feb 5, 2010 3:20:18 GMT by xcessive

Fast, simple image hosting.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
xmsteel Avatar
Quacker Jack Avatar

Guess what? Lexmark's ink actually last. I bought my printer, and printerd out 10 high quality photos (holy shit!) and I still have about 88% colored ink left. Not to mention I printer several other color pages. HP would be almost half done.

I agree though, don't get HP.

BTW, lexmark allows you to get 2 free inks for every five you mail back to them and buy from them. It pays off.

What are you talking about? Lexmarks ink is last? Huh?

It's $60 for a two pack dude, and kodak is $24 for a two pack. Even HP is cheaper at $40.

Wow..... I just bought my two pack the other day for $42.99 + tax....

AND XCESSIVE?!?!?!

newBookmarkLockedFalling