Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Hey guys,

So I hate iTunes. Simple as that. I want something better. And I found something that was better.

I found a software called Songbird. It focuses more on Phillips MP3 players, however, it has the capability to sync to the iTunes library. And from there, your iPod. It CAN sync directly to your ipod, but it doesn't always work and isn't the official way to do it.

What I like about Songbird is it a music device as well as a browser. I am listening to music on Songbird and typing this message in Songbird right now.

Check it out, it is cool:
getsongbird.com/

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
iTunes doesn't work on Ubuntu. I think I'm gonna try this out.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
i haz zune. D:

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Songbird is okay-ish.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It's ok. A memory hog, like most Mozilla apps. If you want a cross platform music app, try DoubleTwist. It's compatible with just about every phone and media player (minus the Zune, sadly). It's built with the Amazon MP3 Store by default. It's just a nice little media player.

It's from the guy (DVD Jon) who has consistently cracked media encryptions like the DVD lockdowns, WMA, iTunes DRM, etc. so you know he is big on open systems.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
I tried it at one point.
I liked it less then iTunes (and I hate iTunes).
I can see the appeal for some people though, so if it's your thing go ahead and use it.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
It's ok. A memory hog, like most Mozilla apps. If you want a cross platform music app, try DoubleTwist. It's compatible with just about every phone and media player (minus the Zune, sadly). It's built with the Amazon MP3 Store by default. It's just a nice little media player.

It's from the guy (DVD Jon) who has consistently cracked media encryptions like the DVD lockdowns, WMA, iTunes DRM, etc. so you know he is big on open systems.

Nothing is, and likely never will be. When they came out with the Zune, they said they refused to work with 3rd parties. Which means no alternate music software, no Scrobbler for Last.fm, nothing. It really sucks.

newBookmarkLockedFalling