Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, Sawyer is. Forgot about him.

Their explanation was that they spent 12 episodes making us believe the MIB was good, now it was time to make us see he was the true villain of the show. So they had him responsible for the deaths of four fan favorites. They also wanted to show, once and for all, that Sayid was a good person. They did that by showing him sacrifice himself.

By the way, why the hell didn't he just throw the C4 like a normal fucking person?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Probably because in a submarine, there's no way he could've thrown it a safe enough distance to not hurt anyone. Had he ran and then thrown it, he still would've probably died and or been mortally wounded. Plus, it was an obvious knee-jerk reaction. I fucking HATE that they killed him, but at least he died like a champ.

Also, I could've sworn Kate was a candidate, too. At least she used to be.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Kate was at one point in time, but in Jacob's cave her name is crossed off.

I knew the MIB had to be an evil douche. The question now is if he can get Claire to kill the rest.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I couldn't remember if she was crossed off or not.

And I don't know if anyone ever believed he was the good guy. I just couldn't believe Jacob was a bad guy. Quite frankly, it was because of Richard Alpert. Seeing where he came from and the kind of person he was and whatnot, I couldn't believe he'd work for someone evil. Everyone else could've been manipulated or kept in the dark, but seeing as Richard was never anything but good and had a direct like to Jacob, it seemed highly unlikely that he was evil.

I really doubt he'll get Claire to kill them. My money is on Jack becoming the next Jacob. It just seems a little too obvious.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Well I mean if that's what he'll try to do, because he can't kill them himself, as Jack guessed. And yeah, Jack is really the only one who wants to stay. Plus he's the only true believer left. He's gone from being "a man of science" to "a man of faith" as Locke would put it.

Edit: I'm also kind of wondering what Richard, Ben and Miles are up to.

Last Edit: May 6, 2010 5:00:29 GMT by Eric

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Well I mean if that's what he'll try to do, because he can't kill them himself, as Jack guessed. And yeah, Jack is really the only one who wants to stay. Plus he's the only true believer left. He's gone from being "a man of science" to "a man of faith" as Locke would put it.

Edit: I'm also kind of wondering what Richard, Ben and Miles are up to.

That, and the whole Jack/John feud thing is happening again. Granted, it's not actually John Locke and it's a different kind of feud, but that contrast between their characters exists again. It just makes me think it's only right that Jack becomes the new Jacob to better parallel John/Esau (which is what I call the MIB because it just makes too much sense not to be his name).

Otherwise, I wouldn't be surprised if Ben ended up actually taking on that role. Kind of out of left field, but still fitting.

Also, I get the feeling Richard is going to die at some point. :(

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
I'm sad This is the last season though ;(

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Last episode tonight!

I've got my popcorn ready, my ample amounts of Dr. Pepper. I'm ready for this shit.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I think I might have to pop up some popcorn myself. Or make a pizza. Something. I'm pumped. Tonight is gonna be the greatest night in TV history.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
To be utterly honest, they could not have ended Lost any better than they did. Even if they somehow answered every question and killed Esau with the Hurley Bird like I had predicted, it could not have been any better than how they did it. It was perfect.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I thought it was a great ending, but I'm still a little confused as to what exactly the flash-sideways was. As in, why were some people able to move on, but others, like Anna Lucia and Ben stayed behind? Why Eloise Hawking didn't want her son "taken"? Why did Jack have a son?

I'd really love to hear your theories/thoughts.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
The flash sideways was where they went after they died (not everyone died at the same time. Some died when they were old, one would assume. So time has no bearing on that timeline). It's the limbo between life and the afterlife. As soon as they have finished their business, they move on. Ben has unfinished business, mainly with his daughter and her mother. Anna Lucia may never be able to move on because of the things she's done.

Jack's (and Christian's) biggest problem was fatherhood. Christian was a shitty father to Jack and Jack wasn't the greatest father to Aaron nor did he like his father. Christian couldn't move on until he made peace with Jack. Jack had a son to make peace with Christian, but also so that he could make peace with Juliet whose death he feels responsible for.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
What Josh said. Both posts. I'm confused like Eric, but what Josh said is what makes the most sense to me and seems to be the conclusion that my friends are coming to as well.

Also, I'll admit, I teared up during most of the episode. Every time they had one of those flashback montages from when they remembered their lives and stuff. Got me right here. *points to heart* It's nice to know that at least 2 of my friends did the same. I thought the ending was phenomenal. What I liked is that they really didn't answer a whole lot, honestly. What IS the story behind the island's origin and that light? Who built all the structures there? What happened to the guys who flew off the island? What's the deal with the Hurley bird?

We just don't know, and never will. And I'm okay with that. Especially since the ending brought so much closure. Not answers, just closure. It did what Lost does best. It ended in mystery. It just feels right. Some stuff is best left to mystery. That's what makes this show intriguing still, despite being complete.

So that's my two cents. That's the ending I was hoping for (an ending left open to interpretation and questions still unanswered, all the while remaining satisfying). I loved it.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Who the hell cries during a tv show, Luci? Seriously. Man up.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
The flash sideways was where they went after they died (not everyone died at the same time. Some died when they were old, one would assume. So time has no bearing on that timeline). It's the limbo between life and the afterlife. As soon as they have finished their business, they move on. Ben has unfinished business, mainly with his daughter and her mother. Anna Lucia may never be able to move on because of the things she's done.

Jack's (and Christian's) biggest problem was fatherhood. Christian was a shitty father to Jack and Jack wasn't the greatest father to Aaron nor did he like his father. Christian couldn't move on until he made peace with Jack. Jack had a son to make peace with Christian, but also so that he could make peace with Juliet whose death he feels responsible for.
That was actually a really good explanation. Thanks.

newBookmarkLockedFalling