Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Pretty scary stuff.

I take online high school, so I'm in a class, right? The teacher does a "secret word" so if people miss a class, they can still get extra credit by emailing the teacher the word.

One kid said "Porsche", For the word to be. I said "Eww porsche?!" and the teacher says...

"Adam, you dont want to lose extra credit, do you?!"
And I'm like... Wtf? I just stated my opinion.

Turns out the teacher use to own one, and he said hes a "german car fanatic". Not only that, but he currently owns a 2001 Jetta.

Not only does he have bad taste, but he threatened me when I said I didnt like them.

I got Owned by a nub :(

If you don't like Porsche, you have no class for modern automotive engineering. The 911 is the benchmark sports car.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar

If you don't like Porsche, you have no class for modern automotive engineering. The 911 is the benchmark sports car.

It's a expensive VW, and VW are crap. And I'm not just saying that, my dad is a car salesman, I think he knows.

Porsche has no records of anything, and is just a buggy-headlight expensive car people buy to make people think there cool.

If you want a real "sports car" get a Viper, a Challenger, or a SSC.

I only like 1 porsche. media.motortopia.com/files/cars/album_the_perfect_ten/4755f5e36b006/tn_full_Spyder550A_10x7jpg_Thumbnail1.jpg

They aren't, though. Porsche shares almost nothing with VW, the only link was the fact they are owned by them. They don't share technology with each other. The only vehicles they've shared technology on are the Cheyenne/Touareg, and the original Beetle, which was Porsche design. If Porsche is so crap, I wonder why for years now it's ranked number 1 in customer satisfaction, and the highest quality.

But come on, be realistic. A Viper or Challenge are not sports cars, they're muscle cars. The Corvette barely passes as a sports car.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Sigh.

Xuzi, for your own damn good, let this one go. James' obsession is cars, especially high end ones, Hondas, and Saturns, if I remember correctly. I doubt you know ANYTHING close to what he does about Porches (Is that how its spelled in the plural?).

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar

They aren't, though. Porsche shares almost nothing with VW, the only link was the fact they are owned by them. They don't share technology with each other. The only vehicles they've shared technology on are the Cheyenne/Touareg, and the original Beetle, which was Porsche design. If Porsche is so crap, I wonder why for years now it's ranked number 1 in customer satisfaction, and the highest quality.

But come on, be realistic. A Viper or Challenge are not sports cars, they're muscle cars. The Corvette barely passes as a sports car.

You need to search up what a muscle car is then.

NOT: www.gododgeviper.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/dodge-viper-srt10-acr-2008-785248.jpg

IS: www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/1633753/img/Anonymous/The-fast-and-the-furious-muscle-car.jpg

And you never said anything about the SSC. And customer satisfaction has nothing to do with how good the actual car is.

A Viper never has and never will be a sports car, it'll always be a muscle car. That's what it's roots are, same with the Mustang, Challenger, Corvette (can pass as a sports car, but it just really isn't), and Camaro.

Even when you get into the tuned versions (Hennessey, ACR, etc), they're still muscle cars. They can handle a track better, sure, but still a muscle car, despite its IRS.

Sports cars include: Porsche Boxster, BMW M3, BMW M5, Mercedes-Benz CLS 63 AMG, etc.

Supercars include: SSC, SLR McLaren AMG, McLaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, etc.

You need to learn the difference between muscle cars (and the sub branch of pony cars), sports cars, tuners, supercars, and of course, hypercars.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Offtopic, but i don't care, the Citroen GT has a godly front end. Too bad the rear end sucks and they only made 5. lol

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006

Now, then we gonna get back to the original topic at some point? I have something I could contribute to it, but it would feel awkward to do so now. =/
wat

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Scorpian Avatar
*image about offtopicness*

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar

It's a expensive VW, and VW are crap. And I'm not just saying that, my dad is a car salesman, I think he knows.
He's not biased at all.
#intj (Mastermind)^

newfieldgrafix
Xuzi, what you have experienced is a common personality conflict. Operative word being "common". I'm pretty sure this particular scenario is minor.

And Josh, I can't speak for Porsche, but the plural for Honda is "Honda", following Japanese grammar... I had to...

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar
Sigh.

Xuzi, for your own damn good, let this one go. James' obsession is cars, especially high end ones, Hondas, and Saturns, if I remember correctly. I doubt you know ANYTHING close to what he does about Porches (Is that how its spelled in the plural?).

If anyone thinks honda and saturn are high end, they are the biggest idiots ive ever seen.

Sigh. Again. Reread what I said. Never said Honda and Saturn were high end. Not even close. All I said was that he was very knowledgeable about them, along with high end cars such as Porsche, Mazarati, Benz, etc.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar
Sigh.

If anyone thinks honda and saturn are high end, they are the biggest idiots ive ever seen.

Honda and Saturn are far from high end. But with that said, the 4 cylinder engine from Honda can be built to make unbelievable power. They're nothing more the tuners, which make them fun cars.

But if you read Josh's post, he was saying that I enjoy high end cars, Hondas, and Saturns. Which is sort of true. I'm not at all a fan of Honda, but I respect their drivetrain's potential. As for Saturn... I own one, it's a good little car. I'd much rather have a truck or a Subaru WRX/Saab 9-2X, though.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I couldn't remember if it was Honda or some other Japanese maker. :P I chose Honda. lol

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I guess I don't really understand how your teacher "OWNED" you. You said "eww" to Porsche, and he (jokingly, i'm assuming) threatened to take away your extra credit. There's no ownage in that situation.

You want to know a real car company? Ford. Or GM. :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Cadillacs > All

Sorry, guys.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Cadillacs > All

Sorry, guys.

As far as American manufacturers go, sure :P.

And Xuzi, your dad is partially correct in what he said. VW did have quality issues with some models, notably for electrical problems and expensive turbo repairs (moreso on Audi for that one). While there still are some issues, newer models don't suffer from that so much anymore.

And, the Viper, just like the Corvette, can pass as a sportscar, but the only reason I still say they're muscle cars is simply because of who makes them. They most definitely have attributes of sports cars, but because they're from one of the American big 3, that's why they're still muscle cars. Damn good handling ones, at that, though.

newBookmarkLockedFalling