Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
www.neowin.net/news/pirate-bay-co-founder-launches-social-payments-system---flattr

Basically, you pay some money every month. Then, during that month, you click "flattr" buttons next to some content (much like digg buttons). Then, at the end of the month, the money you paid is distributed evenly among the owners of the content for all the buttons you click.

Personally, I like the idea. As a developer/designer, I could toss this button next to ever project I complete. That way, even if I distributed it for free, I could still get some kind of payment for doing it and the people who truly are grateful for it would have a way to show their appreciation other than just using it.

Thoughts? Does this look like something that the Internet could use?
wat

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Seems a pretty good idea in theory, but I doubt many people will bother donating/paying if they can get the product for free. So its not really a reliable way of earning income from a project.

Unless you can use it for commercial projects...

Last Edit: Feb 11, 2010 21:22:51 GMT by Simie

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Like Simie said, good in theory, but I doubt anyone would actually pay.

newfieldgrafix
I like how they use "cake" instead of "money".

Not my "piece of cake"...

It defeats the object of "personal"; Josh, your UI designs are fantastic. Simple

Besides, what's Digg for?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
There has to be some reward for the flatterers.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I could see it being a nice way to donate money if you only want to donate so much in a certain time period but are unsure of how many sites you'd donate to... but that's about it. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling