Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

When did I say anything about iTunes? And you've failed to mention how Safari is anything but suck.
Josh mentioned anything apple sucking, so that's probably where he got that.

I guess, but even iTunes sucks fairly hard (last I used it, anyhow). But to be fair, all music players suck (WinAmp, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Zune, etc). The only reason I use what I use (Zune) is because I have a Zune.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
Eric Avatar
Josh mentioned anything apple sucking, so that's probably where he got that.

I guess, but even iTunes sucks fairly hard (last I used it, anyhow). But to be fair, all music players suck (WinAmp, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Zune, etc). The only reason I use what I use (Zune) is because I have a Zune.

FooBar rocks, though.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've never had any issues with iTunes on Windows. :P I fail to see why everyone hates on it.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Use iTunes on a Mac. Then you'll understand. They don't even compare.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Eric Avatar
Except for extensions, the amount of memory used by a browser does not change based upon how long it's been open. For all amounts of time, Chrome uses 1.5x-2x as much memory.
Except for all those memory leaks.

I didn't realize that the tests were only CSS when I did them because I was busy at the time, but if you want to go through and look at the tests linked below the pictures in this flickr album I've had Chrome test consistently faster than Minefield.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
I've never had any issues with iTunes on Windows. :P I fail to see why everyone hates on it.

It's not the worst thing ever, but like every other media player I've tried, it sucks. No program should be as buggy and inefficient as seemingly all media players tend to be.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

It's not the worst thing ever, but like every other media player I've tried, it sucks. No program should be as buggy and inefficient as seemingly all media players tend to be.

again, I've never encountered said bugs. >.< The sole bug I've seen in a long time is that whenever I delete a song/video from a playlist in the most recent version, then sometimes it doesn't update the row list and there's a blank there... which is fixed by switching to another playlist and back and doesn't effect anything. :P But this is getting off topic.

htc

htc Avatar

Male

January 2010
I've used chrome before..sure it loads webpages faster than firefox (sometimes). It tends to 'lagg' a lot more though. =P

Nocando

Nocando Avatar
clearnonsense.com

Official Member

September 2009
Josh Avatar
Speed means nothing. Each browser is fighting each other to load pages milliseconds faster than the others. That's so little that you can't even comprehend it.

Until Chrome allows me to modify its chrome (odd sounding, but correct vocabulary there), I have no use for it. Until then, Firefox will remain my browser because I can transform it in any way I want. My browser is used so much that I have developed it to work as I need it to. Every single thing about it is customized to fit my workflow. Chrome can't do that, thus Chrome is not king.

/thread
Recent Articles:

12.08.10 - Top 25 Albums of 2010

12.08.10 - Suicide in Ukraine Caught on Tape MUST SEE!!

newBookmarkLockedFalling