Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Looks like Microsoft is making itself relevant in all of its old markets again. They announced the successor to Windows Mobile 6.5 earlier today, titled "Windows Phone 7 Series." It's a from-the-ground-up rebuild that takes a lot of design cues from the ZuneHD. There's not a shred of Windows Mobile code in the new OS from what I am reading, which can only be a good thing.

It's due out at the end of the year. If it has Mac syncing, this may very well be the OS I end up going with (as opposed to Symbian, Android, webOS, and iPhone OS) when my contract is up in January.

www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/windows-phone-7-series-is-official-and-microsoft-is-playing-to/

Thoughts?

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
If it's anywhere near as smooth as a Zune HD it may be the first phone I buy with a contract.
Not that I have the money to do so, but if I did...
#intj (Mastermind)^

newfieldgrafix
There's a Big Bang clip for everything, Josh...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8r3tHUK6v4

But yeah, I don't like an OS telling me I'm too stupid to see advanced features - I find it insulting.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Feb 15, 2010 16:37:54 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
There's a Big Bang clip for everything, Josh...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8r3tHUK6v4

But yeah, I don't like an OS telling me I'm too stupid to see advanced features - I find it insulting.

1. Never heard of Big Bang and that wasn't anywhere near being funny
2. ...what?

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
He (or should I say "She"?) must mean how Windows hides everything in the program files and windows folders by default because they're "system vital" files. However, it's been doing that since XP and it's very easy to disable that.

But yeah, that interface looks exactly like my Zune's converted into a phone format. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I still can't decide if I like the Zune's interface or not. I know that I either absolutely love it or absolutely hate it, though.
wat

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, almost, but I was referencing User Account Control - "Windows thinks you're too dumb to use this feature, and has therefore created this dialog box to scare you back into the comfort zone..."

And other little things like that, which slowly creep into Windows OSs

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Feb 15, 2010 21:54:05 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Yeah, almost, but I was referencing User Account Control - "Windows thinks you're too dumb to use this feature, and has therefore created this dialog box to scare you back into the comfort zone..."

And other little things like that, which slowly creep into Windows OSs
UAC is disable-able for a reason. If you're not smart enough to disable it and think it's unnecessary, you're not smart enough to "leave the comfort zone."

Last Edit: Feb 15, 2010 22:01:30 GMT by Tobias
#intj (Mastermind)^

newfieldgrafix
I used to teach IT (CompTIA), but it's the part where you gotta get thru 47 pages of crap to do a simple task lol.

newBookmarkLockedFalling