Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YqLOoxsMwc

Pretty sure Universal lied. I think that's the red band trailer.

But yeah, this is another movie based on a comic. I haven't read the comic yet, but I have ordered it (not released until March? WTF!?). The movie, on the other hand, comes out in April, and it looks... well, kick ass. :D

Anyone else interested in it?
wat

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Yes! I can't wait to see this movie.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
The Hit Girl trailer is the best. Go look it up. Not sure if it is TOS compliant. Might be some nudity. Can't remember. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Three things that bother me about this movie:

1. Looks like another lame Apatow flick. It just seems like it's in the same vein as Superbad and Juno and stuff. Those movies are just getting old. But it does look solid and funny nonetheless.

2. Little kid actors acting like adults. I hate it when they cast 12 year olds who speak and act like they're 20. No one is that smart and mature at that age. Just kinda bothers me. I'm probably the only one, but yeah. It comes off as somewhat pretentious or something.

3. Nicholas Cage has a mustache.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
@luci: This is being called the most violent movie to come out in years. It's definitely not an Apatow flick. They can't market it as the movie it really is, as it would never find an audience. So they are marketing it as comedy to try and grab an audience. We'll see how well it works. Either way, though, it most definitely is NOT an Apatow style flick from early reviews and the bits of the comics I have read. Other than McLovin being in it, of course.

Oh, and Hit Girl was raised from a very early age to be a... well, hit girl. There's a clip out there of Nicolas Cage (her dad/Big Daddy) teaching her to take a bullet without fear. It's fucking creepy as hell.

Last Edit: Feb 26, 2010 2:12:14 GMT by Josh

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I read the graphic novel (chapters one through eight) the other day. If the movie is an accurate adaptation, what Josh said is exactly the case. That book had some of the most violent art I've ever seen. When Hit Girl was first introduced, she butchered ~six gangsters. At one point, she sliced some dude's head in half. It was intense...

My thought: all the trailers are probably very misleading...
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
@luci: This is being called the most violent movie to come out in years. It's definitely not an Apatow flick. They can't market it as the movie it really is, as it would never find an audience. So they are marketing it as comedy to try and grab an audience. We'll see how well it works. Either way, though, it most definitely is NOT an Apatow style flick from early reviews and the bits of the comics I have read. Other than McLovin being in it, of course.

Oh, and Hit Girl was raised from a very early age to be a... well, hit girl. There's a clip out there of Nicolas Cage (her dad/Big Daddy) teaching her to take a bullet without fear. It's fucking creepy as hell.

Yeah, I realize this movie will be violent. I just don't like the Apatow-styled teenage casting--if that makes sense. No-name amateurs playing awkward teenagers. I'm sick of that in movies.

As for the girl, I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. Like, in a comic book world or whatever. But for whatever reason, when it's translated on to screen, little kids playing adult-type roles just bothers the hell out of me. That's no fault of the actors (well, sometimes it is) or the movie (again, sometimes), but merely a pet peeve of mine.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Looks like a ok movie and will have to get my hands on the comic, but i plan on going to see when it comes out.

turtle

turtle Avatar
Meh.

Official Member

April 2008
Looks awful imo.
Discussion Time ~ A debate forum.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Woahh... this looks way to much like Superhero Movie to entertain me. I'm not the biggest fan of these ridiculous spoofs, but will probably see it just to see it.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
JD Avatar
Woahh... this looks way to much like Superhero Movie to entertain me. I'm not the biggest fan of these ridiculous spoofs, but will probably see it just to see it.

Read the thread. It's not a spoof. It's not even a comedy. It's being called one of the most violent movies in recent memory. Look up the Hit Girl red band trailer, it's ridiculous. Or the scene with Big Daddy teaching his daughter to take a bullet.

newBookmarkLockedFalling