Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Eric Avatar
Quinine Avatar
I'm actually pretty good at chess. Throughout the years I've always represented my school at chess, on the top board, best team each time. I play competitively quite a bit, and I've been selected to represent my school overseas. =) I really really like the game.
We should play :)

Sure. If you have MSN, there's a chess game available.

Damnit, apparently not. How about GameKnot, I have an account there.

Last Edit: Feb 28, 2010 9:18:11 GMT by Quinine

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I don't have one yet, but I can make one.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric Avatar
Chris Avatar
I wasn't on the chess team like some of my friends in high school, but I'd play against them from time to time. :P I'm sure you'd beat me though.
Well with that attitude of course I would negative Nancy. A fair amount of chess is psychological. People tend to miss this aspect a lot.

Although being a programmer I expected that you at least knew how to play. It seems to fall into the same general mind-set.

Nah, I just know that people who play often are going to be better than me because they just know more strategies. :P

Quilford: Eric does have MSN, but the question is if he has a Windows OS to run it on. :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar
Eric Avatar
Well with that attitude of course I would negative Nancy. A fair amount of chess is psychological. People tend to miss this aspect a lot.

Although being a programmer I expected that you at least knew how to play. It seems to fall into the same general mind-set.

Nah, I just know that people who play often are going to be better than me because they just know more strategies. :P

Quilford: Eric does have MSN, but the question is if he has a Windows OS to run it on. :P
I do actually, I have windows 7 running on a laptop. Is that why you crossed out the MSN Quilford?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Nope. I crossed it out because the Chess feature is no longer available.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Quinine Avatar
That's what I thought, but Chris made me think it might be otherwise. I'll sign up for an account at gameknot.

Edit: User is forte9. Luci, wanna sign up here too?

Last Edit: Mar 1, 2010 9:55:15 GMT by Eric

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Damn.... that chess game was fun. :(

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Quinine Avatar
That's what I thought, but Chris made me think it might be otherwise. I'll sign up for an account at gameknot.

I think I will. In all likelihood, I'll be under the moniker HexDemon666 (I know it's lame, but I thought it was cool when I was 15 and it's never taken anywhere).

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Lucifer Avatar
Eric Avatar

I think I will. In all likelihood, I'll be under the moniker HexDemon666 (I know it's lame, but I thought it was cool when I was 15 and it's never taken anywhere).

Ditto for me and guillotine605.

Sent challenges to Luci and Eric. One week per move, random colour, and it won't affect our ratings. Decline the challenge and send a counter-challenge if you don't like the above settings.

EDIT: Eric, I was randomly assigned black, and Luci the opposite.

Last Edit: Mar 2, 2010 5:05:53 GMT by Quinine

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Well, I'll do my best. I haven't played in awhile. I just hope it's not too embarrassing when I lose. :P Good luck in your games.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Congrats to Eric for the first win (as far as I'm aware). I almost had you. Just not really. :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Congrats to Eric for the upcoming win xDD

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Congrats to Eric for the first win (as far as I'm aware). I almost had you. Just not really. :P
On move 14 instead of c3, Qc1 would have given you a pretty strong attack and very good chances for a win.

Quilford, I totally didn't expect to get the advantage in this game. Definitely a good game.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Hey, Eric? Mind sending me the notation for your game against Luci?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Quinine Avatar
Hey, Eric? Mind sending me the notation for your game against Luci?
Sent. Btw, I'm using Fritz to run a deep analysis on our game. I'll send you that when it's finished if you'd like.

newBookmarkLockedFalling