Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
I've been getting to know my new camera (sounds sad, I know), and I don't think it'll be long before I start taking some really publish-worthy shots.

zelldenver.deviantart.com/art/Sunset-Before-the-Coulds-157264241

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Very good

Useful.

Zell, I haven't been one to comment on your snaps (that's cool camera lingo, correct?), but I've actually been impressed by each one - and enjoyed seeing more and more. You've made no touchups in PS correct? Either way, it's really good - I like the focus on two colours.

I can't really give tips to improve because a) i'm not a photographer and b) this is amazing.

:: rate 5 ::

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
This really is amazing. It's rare I find a photograph that I dislike anything in it. The silohouttes of the houses are great and the foreground clouds are amazing, and contrast so well with the ones in the background.

Great work.

:: rate 5 ::

Last Edit: Mar 15, 2010 17:40:35 GMT by iiPod
Looking for a coder, PM me.

newfieldgrafix
JD Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
Very good

Useful.

Zell, I haven't been one to comment on your snaps (that's cool camera lingo, correct?), but I've actually been impressed by each one - and enjoyed seeing more and more. You've made no touchups in PS correct? Either way, it's really good - I like the focus on two colours.

I can't really give tips to improve because a) i'm not a photographer and b) this is amazing.

I must say that this is a composite of two images both taken at 10x Op Zoom. Saturation increased slightly and Burned/Dodged to blend right. Other than that, nothing.

Thanks for the comment, means a lot!

iiPod Avatar
This really is amazing. It's rare I find a photograph that I dislike anything in it. The silohouttes of the houses are great and the foreground clouds are amazing, and contrast so well with the ones in the background.

Great work.

Thanks, iiPod. I know you crit artwork frankly. So that's made my day! The shot is one of my accidental, right place, right time moments.

newfieldgrafix
xmsteel Avatar

If you are looking for a crit...

It's a very nice angle, and it's very clear. I'm guessing you used a tripod?
Anyway, I don't see much wrong with it, besides how the clouds are too close to the houses, it just looks too black for my taste.

I think it would look a lot better without the black clouds, and just the rest of it as is, but that's just opinion. I cant really say anything that isnt opinion about this, because nothing is wrong with it.

Like I said, good job.

No tripod, just a hand and dual stabilizer.

I wanted to scope the image, so it didn't look too "open" to draw the eye into the shot rather that to wander.

Tanks for the crit, Xuzi!

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Technique is amazing. You've hit the nail on the head with the composition of the elements in the scene. However, I find myself disliking the sepia-like colour of the image. Would you mind posting the original photo, before editing?

:: rate 4 ::

newfieldgrafix
Sure, I took about 30 images.

These are the two I used in the composition, unedited.

I only increased the saturation by about 20%, other than that the color's pretty true.

Thanks for the comment, Quilford

Last Edit: Mar 19, 2010 11:57:30 GMT by newfieldgrafix

newBookmarkLockedFalling