Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
"Nothing special, only used bevel and drop shadow on text and brush."

If it's all presets, there's not much advice I can give. Except, using bevel, drop shadow etc is pretty bog standard and something anyone can do. Some people (ElseAndrew) can do fabulous stuff with these settings, but applying them on the fly doesn't earn you points - or credit a personal style.

Try developing a taste for other -non preset- effects.

newfieldgrafix
A lot of people like the burn/dodge tool and hardly ever use bevels. I use bevels all the time - I just hide it. The thing with bevels is they have a habit of isolating the foreground, which oftentimes cane can be undesirable. Combining as little as 2 effects can make a major difference. How many effects can you see here?

Last Edit: Mar 16, 2010 6:09:26 GMT by newfieldgrafix

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
Bevel, emboss, inner shadow and gradient overlay. :P
Looking for a coder, PM me.

newfieldgrafix
Close... No emboss. And rendered light. I whore the hell out of that "effect".

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
WHORE!
Looking for a coder, PM me.

Tovarisch

Tovarisch Avatar
Open Your Mind

Official Member

February 2010
Man, i wish i could download brushes and apply layer effects like you!

Words cannot express tha fail that is XuzI.

newfieldgrafix
Tovarisch Avatar

That comment isn't productive at all. There is absolutely no need for personal attacks, is there?

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Tovarisch Avatar

"Please give USEFUL"

Congratulations, you can't read.

Alright, no need to point hypocritical fingers.

Xuzi, why don't you take on board what we've said - recreate the image, and then post it back here and we'll continue to give pointers :D

Shadowblast

Shadowblast Avatar
Doesn't Actually Blast Shadows

Official Member

September 2009
Technically, this is not very difficult and probably extremely easy. A tip for you (As you asked for one). I tend to use a lot of soft large white brushes in my work, All you need to do is make a new layer in PS (I assume you use this) and then with your new layer selected, click the thumbnail of the wording. Then, you simply brush highlights onto the new layer to bring it out a bit. Dark greys work well too :)

Shadowblast

Shadowblast Avatar
Doesn't Actually Blast Shadows

Official Member

September 2009
Well, clicking the thumbnail loads the selection, which makes it a whole bunch easier. Yes.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Shadowblast Avatar
Technically, this is not very difficult and probably extremely easy. A tip for you (As you asked for one). I tend to use a lot of soft large white brushes in my work, All you need to do is make a new layer in PS (I assume you use this) and then with your new layer selected, click the thumbnail of the wording. Then, you simply brush highlights onto the new layer to bring it out a bit. Dark greys work well too :)

So to make the story short, use a brush over parts of the text? Or am I missing what your saying?

Great designs in PS do not involve making the story short. The best pieces I've seen claim 20 hours or so of work. If you have patience to learn, you will. There's a tip.

newBookmarkLockedFalling