Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Ugly? That's amazing. I've been waiting for a browser to just come without a bunch of shit in the way, not having to customize it that way.

Granted, I tend to customize mine with a lot of other shit in the way, but nothing that you'd see enabled by default on a browser.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Probably fake, and it's ugly... nothing too it.

I disagree on calling it ugly. It's a VAST improvement over IE8's layout and still is not a bad design.

Probably a prank, but not bad otherwise.

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
Chris Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
Probably fake, and it's ugly... nothing too it.

I disagree on calling it ugly. It's a VAST improvement over IE8's layout and still is not a bad design.

Probably a prank, but not bad otherwise.

Yeah its pretty sweet looking, I spend a shit load of time going tho apps to change the way it looks anyways lol

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Jim Avatar
Ugly? That's amazing. I've been waiting for a browser to just come without a bunch of shit in the way, not having to customize it that way.

Granted, I tend to customize mine with a lot of other shit in the way, but nothing that you'd see enabled by default on a browser.
You HAVE seen Google Chrome, right?

As for the link, I'm pretty sure it's a fake. It doesn't match the theme of Windows Vista or 7, andthere's no way they'd ditch Aero.

EDIT: Seems this was addressed in the comments on the site. I stand by my view, though.

Last Edit: Apr 2, 2010 2:39:09 GMT by Tobias
#intj (Mastermind)^

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
Tobias Avatar
Jim Avatar

As for the link, I'm pretty sure it's a fake. It doesn't match the theme of Windows Vista or 7, andthere's no way they'd ditch Aero.

Can't we dream? :P

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
ScottCool Avatar
Tobias Avatar

Well, I personally don't like it, so it's more of a nightmare here.

EDIT: If you look at the title bar, it calls itself "April Edition." I would think they compile more frequently than monthly, so.. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Last Edit: Apr 2, 2010 2:42:07 GMT by Tobias
#intj (Mastermind)^

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Tobias Avatar
ScottCool Avatar

Well, I personally don't like it, so it's more of a nightmare here.

EDIT: If you look at the title bar, it calls itself "April Edition." I would think they compile more frequently than monthly, so.. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

That's the name of the page they are viewing, I think. But I could be wrong.

As for it not matching the rest, I get the feeling that WP7S is going to migrate into the ZuneHD and Windows interfaces soon. Windows 8 should see an announcement this summer, we may see the new interface then. This could be the beginning of it.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
No, it's terrible. Looks like they're styling it like the Zune player (minimalistic and flash-based). I don't like the Zune player, so I probably won't like this.

newfieldgrafix
Just get MS Platform Review. You need Vista SP2 though.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Tobias Avatar
Jim Avatar

EDIT: Seems this was addressed in the comments on the site. I stand by my view, though.

Of course I have, but I can't quite get Chrome to how I want. Opera is the closest I can get.

It reminds me a lot of Windows Mobile and the Zune styling, which is exactly why I like it. Simple, flat, no rounded corners (but in a way that it looks good, unlike most skins I've found for browsers).

newfieldgrafix
OK, I've been playing around in Flash. I love the whole concept of minimal, solid colors. I thought "hmmm... Windows 8"...

img229.imageshack.us/img229/989/windowsf.png

I'd totally make it into a WB skin if I had the will.

Last Edit: Apr 2, 2010 14:32:00 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 2, 2010 14:30:58 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
OK, I've been playing around in Flash. I love the whole concept of minimal, solid colors. I thought "hmmm... Windows 8"...

img229.imageshack.us/img229/989/windowsf.png

I'd totally make it into a WB skin if I had the will.

The irony of designing something in Flash and then putting the Silverlight logo in it. :P

newfieldgrafix
:D I thought so...

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
livesino.net/archives/2587.live

Read down to the bottom of the post.

newBookmarkLockedFalling