Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I have a should be some what easy question. Anyone able to help that would be great :)

Now i when i 1st got my iphone you use to be able to go onto itunes and find a song that you can download and then it could be made into a ringtone ( depending on song, etc..)

So when searching you would see like a small bell like icon next to song title or some where telling you this song can be made into a ringtone.

Well now it seems there is no icon any matter and i can't tell which song can be made, anyone have any ideas how to figure out which songs is there something i need to turn on?

Because i really don't want to buy a song and hopes it can be made into one.

Any help will be great, yes i did send a email asking about this to apple but still waiting on a reply i figured i ask here as well.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Don't have an iPhone, so I won't be much use, but do you have ANY purchased music? If you do, I'd check that and see if it has the icon.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Select a song that you purchased from iTunes. Store > Create Ringtone.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Josh Avatar
Select a song that you purchased from iTunes. Store > Create Ringtone.

I have done that but it seems most songs i have can't be turned in ringtones any more.

I'm just want to before buy a song if it can be turned into one. I got a email from apply this morning and they really didn't help any so can to email them back

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Does the iPhone have any sort of external memory? Like a microSD card? If it does, you can just drag the song you wanna use into the appropriate folder there and then use it. That's how I get my ringtones for free. Instead of downloading a ringtone and paying for it, I just find a song I like and drag it to the appropriate folder and viola.

But, I don't have an iPhone, so I have no idea if that will work or not. And it certainly doesn't help with your problem.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
So i finally got some from apple to reply with a answer and it seems they no longer do ringtones on the computer via itunes. now you have to use itunes via your phone to get ringtones >_<

anywho thanks for all replies in trying to figure this issue out :)

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
You can do it. Fairly easily too. I don't have itunes open so this might be kinda choppy.

edit the song's properties and in the options, change the start/end to be the part of the song you want as a ringtone. you can have up to 40 seconds. apply it. now right click the song and click "create AAC" version. it should create a new file. right click the new file and click show in explorer/finder, or show original location, or whatever. rename the file extension to m4r.

delete the aac version from your itunes, then import the m4r.

easy process, but kind of time consuming. took me a long time to figure this out originally. good luck :)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newBookmarkLockedFalling