Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
www.downloadsquad.com/2010/03/31/microsoft-fires-poorly-aimed-privacy-missile-at-google-chrome/

I lol'd.

"If Internet Explorer can't beat Google Chrome on speed, security, or standards compliance..."

xD
k

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Wow... the search and address bar is separate! just like in FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari, and everything else!

did you even read the link, or have you ever used chrome? seen a screenshot? anything?

The whole point of this article is that chrome's search and address bar are combined.
k

newfieldgrafix
Lemme rephrase him...

"If you're having an affair, or conducting illegal activities, use Internet Explorer A"...

But he does have a point though. Google seem to have no respect for privacy these days.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 2, 2010 22:21:23 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Lemme rephrase him...

"If you're having an affair, or conducting illegal activities, use Internet Explorer A"...

like.
k

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
1. Who would use Incognito all the time?
2. Who would use Bing as their search provider?

That article is fail.

Chronologik

Chronologik Avatar
I bring with me delicious RosaSecta.com

March 2010
One of those commenters has a really good point, online privacy is dead nowadays. Like she said,
Google knows exactly what you're doing. Facebook knows more about you than you do. Twitter knows what you like and don't like. People are posting about you on www.dirtyphonebook.com and you can't stop it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The article's point is not that Chrome doesn't have some privacy issues, but that a good chunk of Microsoft's commenting is wrong. :P It's not Google trying to get information via the search bar, but instead it could be Bing or Yahoo, etc. "InPrivate" from Ie is also available in Chrome. It's valid writing and good counter points to what IE tried to say. I do agree that Google's combination of search and URL isn't the best though. Oh well. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling