Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Do people really think it's cool to race at stoplights with strangers?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Are you sure they were even trying to race? I know I sometimes will accidentally hit the accelerator when I'm in neutral (taking off my sandals or something). I also have a lot of people think I'm trying to race, but I just like to accelerate quickly after a light.

Racing is stupid, but for the record: if either car is automatic it's retarded.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
xmsteel Avatar
driving, that is.

I own a 1989 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2Dr. There is a stretch of road down where my neighborhood is that has 2 lanes that merges into one after the stop light.

Round 1:

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis - Vooms up next to me, light turns green. They get blow away (literally)

Jeep Wins. DUH

Round 2:

2002 Ford Focus - Is behind me, then goes in the other lane. Light turns red, two chicks start to laugh their head off. Light turns green, I floor it, leave them in the dust. They then proceed to give me the finger.

Jeep Wins. What a shocker.

-----

Do people really think just because the car is bulky and has a bad paint job, it has no power?

Good way to get in a accident. But what makes you think the girls where laughing at your car?

some do i guess. Some people like to show off their car's power *shrugs* i don't know

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Either that, or they thought I was really, really, good looking.

Wouldn't count on it. :D
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Racing is stupid, but for the record: if either car is automatic it's retarded.

This. That is all.

newfieldgrafix
Round 3:

2 Door Jeep, versus 2005 Ford Crown Victoria.
Light turns to green, Xuzi hits the gas. The Vick allows the idiot to pull in front, then hits the strobes.

Racing on public highways is dumb.

Last Edit: Apr 4, 2010 16:11:21 GMT by newfieldgrafix

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 4, 2010 11:11:53 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Round 3:

2 Door Jeep, versus 2005 Ford Crown Victoria.
Light turns to green, Xuzi hits the gas. The Vick allows the idiot to pull in front, the hits the strobes.

Racing on public highways is dumb.

:-*

Looking for a coder, PM me.

newfieldgrafix
Wait, I just realized the irony of the thread title...

Yes, racing on public roads is really stupid, Xuzi... Nice call, nice call...

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Do people really think it's cool to race at stoplights with strangers?

/Thread.

I want you to google how many people die a year from street racing. you'd be surprised.

newfieldgrafix

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
When my dad was younger he ruined a 1960-ish camaro street racing, he flipped it in a ditch. Thank god he was okay, but just thing about the poor car. :(

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Either that, or they thought I was really, really, good looking.

Wouldn't count on it. :D

Ahaha +1 :D

I like driving fast. I drive a 2005 Black on Black Monte Carlo and I accelerate at a fast pace at stop lights but I rarely race and with passengers in the car I never speed, except on side streets. XD

Paradox

Paradox Avatar
Formerly, Jam-Legalize.

Official Member

June 2008
I don't drive, but when I do drive I know I'm not going to be a racer. Probably because my car is going to be awful enough without me battering it about.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
driving, that is.

I own a 1989 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2Dr. There is a stretch of road down where my neighborhood is that has 2 lanes that merges into one after the stop light.

Round 1:

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis - Vooms up next to me, light turns green. They get blow away (literally)

Jeep Wins. DUH

Round 2:

2002 Ford Focus - Is behind me, then goes in the other lane. Light turns red, two chicks start to laugh their head off. Light turns green, I floor it, leave them in the dust. They then proceed to give me the finger.

Jeep Wins. What a shocker.

-----

Do people really think just because the car is bulky and has a bad paint job, it has no power?

Having driven a 2000 Jeep with (likely) the same 4.0 you have, as well as driven a 2004 SVT Focus (manual), 2005 Focus Wagon (auto), 2005 Focus ST (manual), 2000 F-150 (4.6L, manual), 2000 Grand Marquis (auto obviously), and my car, a 1999 Saturn (auto, sadly)... I can tell you the Jeep was probably the slowest out of all of them. That or the Grand Marquis, it's a close call. They both have great low-end power, but once you build the revs of the others, it's no contest (well, except the F-150, but I can drop the clutch from right around 1800RPM or so (not sure, it doesn't have a tach) and get a much quicker start). The SVT Focus of course would walk all over it, as well as the Focus ST. The wagon surprised me during the one time I've gotten into it with a larger, but also left a lot to be desired for power. My car is quick for what it is, but I certainly miss the pull of the Focus. I force my car into second and gun it...just has nothing kicking the revs up, letting the clutch out and going.

That said, they girls in the Focus weren't racing. I know that car is faster ;).

newfieldgrafix
Oh my God, I love the Focus ST Manual! Have you seen the new one? An I kinda' Like the Grand Marquis. Fair enough, she's slow, but with a bit of work she can look swell.

newBookmarkLockedFalling