Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
Who do you think is the best at what he or her does? Who's the best athlete in the world? or at least your favorite.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
My favorite at the moment is Jimmy Howard. Came out of no where to bring the Wings to the playoffs. At the beginning of the season, it was widely believed that we'd let him go at the end of the season and call him a bust. Now? He started 25 straight games for us and pretty much singlehandedly got us into the playoffs. Should be the easy choice for the Calder (rookie of the year) and at least get nominated for Vezina (goalie of the year, should go to Ilya Brzygalov).

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
Seeing What he's done for the New Olreans area, and watching him put up the best numbers at most passing cat. in the last 4 years. Drew Brees.

Paradox

Paradox Avatar
Formerly, Jam-Legalize.

Official Member

June 2008
Some of you will have no idea what I'm talking about. But I am a massive cricket fan and my idol has to be Sachin Tendulkar. He is now 36 which is pretty old in the world of cricket and he has dominated the rankings for the best batsman for some time.

Only this year he entered his own team into the Indian Premier League and despite the fact that it is still ongoing - he is one of the leading run-scorers and the captain of the team at the top of the table. Being a cricket coach, his technique is unflawed and he is the idol of many professional players too such as Ricky Ponting, Kevin Pietersen and many more. His attitude toward the game make him such an admirable character. And I'm rooting for Mumbai Indians (his team) to win the Premier League this year.

lurk moar

lurk moar Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Josh Avatar
My favorite at the moment is Jimmy Howard. Came out of no where to bring the Wings to the playoffs. At the beginning of the season, it was widely believed that we'd let him go at the end of the season and call him a bust. Now? He started 25 straight games for us and pretty much singlehandedly got us into the playoffs. Should be the easy choice for the Calder (rookie of the year) and at least get nominated for Vezina (goalie of the year, should go to Ilya Brzygalov).

theres this one defenseman... he's like 6'9 and skates like the wind. tyler myers? maybe you havent seen him much but he played ridiculous this year for a 19 year old and he's likely going to win the calder. :P

as for the vezina i think he might be an outside chance but it'll probably go to miller with brodeur and rask running up. brodeur just because and rask because he has ridiculous numbers

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Sabres would have likely made the playoffs without Myers. The Wings without Howard? We would have missed the playoffs for the first time in like two decades. To me, that makes him rookie of the year.

And Rask won't get nominated for the Vezina. Are you kidding me? It's between Miller and Bryzgalov for that, with Brodeur and Howard on the outside looking in. My personal choice is Bryzgalov, he's been amazing this year and after what happened in Phoenix this past summer, I would be surprised if he didn't win.

And Howard is gaining a lot of support for the Hart trophy around the blogosphere. It's ridiculous, but it is happening. Even ESPN's worst writer, Burnside, has said Howard has an outside chance of getting the nod. ESPN currently has him ranked 5th in the Hart race. And they aren't doing their usual Ovechkin/Crosby bandwagoning either, they have Sedin winning it (as he should). Personally, I have Ovechkin, Sedin, and Bryzgalov getting nominated but that is just me

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Steve Nash is a pretty cool guy.

eh shoots baskets and doesnt afraid of anything

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Dwight Howard, aka SUPERMAN! He just seems like he has a great personality and he's also a great basketball player.

newBookmarkLockedFalling