Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Well, today is just one of those days. First hour did nothing but play with calculators graphing polar coordinates. (no homework!) Second hour we had a substitute and did nothing all hour (no homework!). Third hour we are finishing anything that we didn't this week in my computer class.. Hence why I'm on here. Wanna guess why? Everything was already finished..

So far its just one of those pointless days AGAIN at school. Where you wonder what the point is of you even being here wasting your life because your doing absolutely nothing but sitting around all day, and for what? My next hour we are going to go over this book we read for homework and then get assigned the next chapter.. (the usual for this past week, and I won't pay attention because its French and the teacher speaks French all hour so its a total zone out/fall asleep hour even though I sit in a spot where I can't sleep. That class is a drag but Im getting side tracked.) 5th hour probably notes like we've taken all week.. and for what? He doesn't check we take notes and half the stuff on his tests aren't even from the pointless notes.. Oh yeah and he makes us color diagrams.. This is my junior year not kindergarden year.. 6th hour we are preping for the AP test in May. Pointless hour again..

Sorry for rambling.. I had a topic to begin with.. Pointless days at school and how much they suck. :(

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Come over to 15 and Crooks and help me with inventory. I'm about two days behind at the moment, so I really need help. lol. I've been here since 6:15 working on counting and putting the parts away, and I'll probably be here until 4 or 5 finishing up as much as possible before the weekend. lol

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
AP tests sound pretty important to me.

I wouldn't call prep for one a wasted hour

Gotta crack down in April because they're the second week in may.

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
Well I have fuck loads of school work to do due it for tuesday anddd I havent started one tiny bit! I always tell myself I will but never. I know how you feel though, we have free periods in my school and on some fridays I only have one lesson which is 3rd and most of the time thats pointless so I couldve just stayed in bed the whollleee day!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
You sound like me bitching about my E&M Physics class and it's mandatory lectures. :P My day would be sooo much more productive if I could sleep through that two hour class and then just read the notes later, since that's what I do anyways when I go.

Paradox

Paradox Avatar
Formerly, Jam-Legalize.

Official Member

June 2008
I'm still off on the break for Easter.

But when I come back there will be so much work on the exams coming up this summer. So I can't complain, everything has relevance now to be honest.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I somehow manage to keep on top of my school work (and believe me, I get shitloads), not because I'm an amazing worker but because fate seems to favour me. (i.e. teachers not checking up on homework giving me another day to tie any loose ends up)

My mates bitch about getting homework dumped on them 24/7 all the time.

... anyway, about pointless times at school? Sport. Teachers pour homework onto us until we're about to snap under the pressure and then they make us do 2 hours of compulsory sport after school. Bullshit.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
School, for me, is always pointless. I don't learn when other people try to teach me something. I have to learn by myself, at home. I taught myself everything I know that you're supposed to learn in elementary and kindergarten, because I didn't show up to school (I probably missed about four years or so, total, just because I didn't show up and I moved so much as a kid). Because of this I simply don't learn when people try to teach me =/ I never learned that way as a kid.

/endramble. But yeah P: I think school, especially high school, is utterly pointless. Give me a chance to make the choices of what to take so I can gear it towards my career when I'm older, not pointless Health classes in which the teacher uses the phrase "Even more better for you!" when comparing the nutrional value of one food to another (not joking- that's an exact quote v_V).
[/size]
Signature coming~

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Yeah I know AP tests aren't to be taken lightly I was just in a sarcastic mood I suppose and fed up with the school system. I probably should study, but I'm horrible at studying.. I don't study and I still pass regular tests with As and an occasional B so I see no point in studying. :P

Too bad you posted it hours later Josh :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling