Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chronologik

Chronologik Avatar
I bring with me delicious RosaSecta.com

March 2010
I saw iiPod's space art picture and I just had to make something like it . . .

"My attempt at doing space art. The "Boom" text was half-followed off of a tutorial.Took around 2.5 hours to make."

EDIT: Somebody on TAF asked this, so to avoid any further confusion, there was no stock image used for this picture, it was all done from scratch.

Last Edit: Apr 18, 2010 19:15:54 GMT by Chronologik

iiPod

iiPod Avatar

ProNation

October 2009
<3 C&P

The end result is OK. It's nothing amazing, but we're all still beginners so I don't think we can expect to produce anything really good. The first thing that strikes me is the meteor type thing there which I really don't like, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the piece and looks out of place, that area needs a lot of work.

The background is the next, it's really undeveloped. The clouds are really simple and the easy option for making nebulae, maybe try to develop it more, add space dust and even try to paint it. The stars aren't too bad, but they have no twinkle in them and are really flat.

The text isn't too bad, it could maybe do with some texture. In the tutorial you'll notice the text is much more distorted on purpose, not just distorted through warping. I'm not really a fan of the font, you seem to use it for everything, a font with a much more traditional serif would really fit here I think.

In the tut, hopefully you can see the fire is much more textured too. It's also much more layered, with reds and whites in there. Whereas it looks you smudged with a round brush, they smudged with a textured one, inducing that effect.

Looking for a coder, PM me.

Chronologik

Chronologik Avatar
I bring with me delicious RosaSecta.com

March 2010
<3 C&P

I'll keep that in mind the next time I try this effect. By the way it's actually a different font this time, but the fonts are so damn similar that once they're skewed you can't tell the difference =w=;;. I actually didn't notice the extra text distortion, I only really skimmed through the tutorial, so thanks for pointing that out.

newBookmarkLockedFalling