Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Well i have more of a question but i figured maybe i could turn this into a discussion as well.

question is which is better Tumblr, Blogspot, or Wordpress? All are common sites that i know and have heard of for blogging, etc i was just wondering which is the better to use and why?

So does anyone do much reading on other people blogs if so what types? Do you have your own blog that you do?

I myself dont have any certain site i visit for blogs. I tend to just browse most any that deal with movies or video games that catch my eye, do i watch a couple of peoples vlogs on youtube.

Last Edit: Apr 29, 2010 3:48:14 GMT by Arucard

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I've had a Tumblr and a few Blogspots. I don't know anything about Wordpress, but you can pretty much customize everything with CSS and HTML with both Tumblr and Blogspot which is nice. Tumblr allows you to follow people (and vice versa, obviously) kind of like Twitter which is cool, but I like the straightforwardness of Blogspot better. That's what I currently use (a buddy and I started a music blog).

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I just had to a bunch of work on a wordpress recently, but I don't have one myself. I've never had a blog, but I can pretty much say that wordpress is amazingly customizable. And fairly good API too, really easy to use and modify.

newfieldgrafix
Well, I don't use Blogspot, my firewall now blocks most *.blogger.com subdomains, since hundereds of phishers use it.

It's funny really, I just started using WordPress yesterday, after I made a comment on DrexFiles. Seems nice, fluid and easy to use.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
WordPress is by far the best out there. I'd be willing to bet that most of the top blogs use it (obviously not Gawker or Weblog blogs, but the others for sure). It's amazingly customizable and is updated very often. Their default comment system sucks, though. Disqus is the way to go with Wordpress comments

Tumblr is like the middle ground between Twitter and Facebook. It's for sharing random tidbits like Twitter, but allows you to post images and videos on the actual page like Facebook.

Blogspot... meh. Easy to set up is the only advantage, I guess. And the fact that we pretty much all have Google accounts makes it even easier. A lot of spam and other crap goes on there, though. Definitely my least favorite of the three.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've never used the others, but Wordpress covers my needs. I don't know how reliable a remotely hosted version is though. Only a version you host yourself is really worth it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling