Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
I have no idea where to go, as I've exhausted all my options.

I can't log into to Google, Period.

I keep getting this:

We've detected a problem with your cookie settings.

Enable cookies
Make sure your cookies are enabled. To enable cookies, follow these browser-specific instructions.

Clear cache and cookies
If you have cookies enabled but are still having trouble, clear your browser's cache and cookies.

Adjust your privacy settings
If clearing your cache and cookies doesn't resolve the problem, try adjusting your browser's privacy settings. If your settings are on high, manually add www.google.com to your list of allowed sites. Learn more

Asking Google forums does nothing, since I can't access my account.

My cookie settings haven't changed in years, and I've cleared my cache 4 times, both via Firefox and a Gutman data purge. Malware scans all come back negative, and this is now my 2nd install of Firefox. I've tried it with IE7 (No Ad-ons) - same problem.

YouTube works fine, and pretty much everything else.
Also JavaScript it enabled, etc.

Google search results look weird too, like about 4 (random amount) results per page, and things looking like this:

[Example Search]
Search the web with Google
Exams revisoin

It's a problem which has no clear cause and my BP is now about 188/62

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I just tested it out and everything for me is fine. I noticed they changed the search result page, but otherwise, everything seems to be in order. Honestly, I don't know what to tell you. You've done everything I would've done.

newfieldgrafix
I think this is why...

Google are tweeking stuff. I noiced that they're are changing most of their image directory about, with my Google Beta account acive, I get the all the plesures of this. They look like they're changing account settings, and my notifyer (XMPP (via Pidgin)) seems to be conflicting with it. I reset the connection then killed Pidgin. Seems to have fixed it, but I don't see any images on the iGoogle page.

I assume (like most Googfails) it will correct itself in time.

It's a shame there's no 1866-GOOGLE...

On another note:
Don't you just hatet viewing a support forum and seeing over 9000 responses with "I have the same problem" and suff like that.

FML

Edit: you get karma for not assuming I'm an idiot...

Last Edit: May 6, 2010 5:31:15 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I was wondering if it wasn't because they were changing stuff around, but considering it worked for me just fine, I dismissed that. I had no idea you have a beta account.

And as annoying as it is to hear that everyone has the same problem (since that doesn't fix the problem), it always reassures me that it (usually) isn't my fault and is a problem that will likely be fixed relatively quickly.

newfieldgrafix
Nope, it's broken again. But yeah, Bata, Wave, Buzz, all of it. Can't use Wave yet though, since it's US only.

I never looked at it like that.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 6, 2010 6:40:50 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Nope, it's broken again. But yeah, Bata, Wave, Buzz, all of it. Can't use Wave yet though, since it's US only.

I never looked at it like that.

Wave isn't US only... I'm Canadian and I have it. :P
k

newfieldgrafix
Ah, cool. I don't think it's in the UK yet though.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
In Soviet Russia, Google logs into you.

...I'm done.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar
In Soviet Russia, Google logs into you.

...I'm done.

old joke is OLD.

Your meme is old. Shut it.

newfieldgrafix
SUCCESS

I went thru every single reg key, because I was certain that it was acually a bit of malware I'd picked up (despite AVG, Ad-Aware, Norton and MacAfee not pickin it up), and deleted several hundred. Google works, access to security wesites granted...

I really wanna get my personal army involved - but then I'd be as bad as them, so I won't.
So now I'm gonna pugrge it.

Last Edit: May 7, 2010 15:47:34 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
Congratz Lol

newfieldgrafix
I know, right. I know which website is responsible too... I'm gonna make on Admin's day a bad one, in due time... in due time...

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 17, 2010 9:23:33 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I know, right. I know which website is responsible too... I'm gonna make on Admin's day a bad one, in due time... in due time...

In due time...

newBookmarkLockedFalling