Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
His power is to make animals do his dirty work.

While the control aspect is somewhat cool, it's entirely lazy. And DC will get loads of shit from PETA if they put that on film.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
His power is to make animals do his dirty work.

While the control aspect is somewhat cool, it's entirely lazy. And DC will get loads of shit from PETA if they put that on film.

First of all, he controls the fucking ocean. That is AWESOME.

Second of all, no they won't. PETA hasn't cared yet, why would they start with a movie?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
They will when it's on the big screen raking in millions.

And no, Poseidon controls the oceans. Aquaman controls the creatures within the ocean. Or, rather, talks to them and hopes they obey.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
They will when it's on the big screen raking in millions.

And no, Poseidon controls the oceans. Aquaman controls the creatures within the ocean. Or, rather, talks to them and hopes they obey.

Yeah, I know, that's what I mean by "the ocean". And so what if PETA flips out? No one cares about PETA. Should we all stop doing something for fear of offending a bunch of crazies? That's dumb.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
No, we should not. We shouldn't censor tv shows to appease religious extremists either, and a tv show that has made three or four episodes about that very thing ended up getting another of those such episodes censored by the network after a threat was made.

Big media will always worry about things like that. Like it or not, PETA has some influence in this world. And there are a BUNCH of people who would boycott if PETA told them to.

Not saying I agree, it's just how it would go. And a studio would keep that in mind if someone handed them an Aquaman script, I am sure.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I really doubt it would stop them, though. They would make more than enough money to outweigh any potential backlash.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Perhaps. I think they would make other films first, though.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Perhaps. I think they would make other films first, though.

Yeah, I definitely don't see an Aquaman movie happening any time soon.

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
Josh Avatar
Exanium Avatar
Oh my god, I forced my whole family to stay after and wait until after the credits and they almost didn't. They thanked me so much afterword: THOR! None of my friends waited until after the credits :P Sucks for them.

I predict that Marvel is making a GIANT Marvel movie with, HULK, CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, and of course, IRON MAN (possibly Spiderman, but I kind of doubt it)

Yeah, been confirmed for a few years. :P Avengers is Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Hulk (who may or may not be the villain), Black Widow, Nick Fury, and likely others.

Marvel has no control over Spiderman anymore. Sony owns the movie rights.

Btw, Joss Whedon is directing and has pretty much been put in charge of the Marvel film division like Nolan was put in charge of DC's film division. :D

thanks for the info, I'm pumped

newBookmarkLockedFalling