Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Anyone been playing it? I've got about 20 or so games in so far and I have to admit that it is pretty fun. A load different than what you are used to for Halo 1-3, though. Only a handful of weapons are still around (Assault rifle, needler, plasma pistol, plasma rifle, sword, human sniper, and rocket launcher. That's it) and the style of gameplay is completely different now. It's hard to describe how, but the addition of Abilities and subtraction of Equipment really changed things up.

Also, Invasion is a really cool game type and the map it is being played on is freaking huge. Like... probably double the size of Sand Trap with a shit ton of buildings, most with three or four levels. BTB games will freaking rock on there when the game is released.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I've been playing it. Well, for the first couple of days when it came out I did.
I just got bored of the 2 maps you have to play. Especially the one 'Sword Base', or whatever it's called. That's annoying to play on over and over again.
I know it's still beta, so they can't give us loads of maps but still.

I have yet to try Invasion. I've been meaning to but I've been so addicted to MW2 :(
But I understand what you mean about the gameplay and such.
I think the differences are much better, a big improvement.

Many places/people were originally saying stuff like "It's going to hard to learn the new controls". When in reality, it's simple. Obviously you can configure the controls anyway, but even leaving them as they are is easy as anything. I love how when you attack (be it using a gun or melee) someone, it 'feels' more real. Hard to explain but, it feels heavier thus making it seem more real.
I'm sure you possibly understand what I mean.

Also, with the new LB equipment, game modes such as CTF and other's are real fun.
I wasn't a fan of those game modes before, but now I prefer them to Slayer.

The guns that are currently in the game, are they the only ones that will be in the full release too, or will there be more? Seems like there isn't all that many if so.

newBookmarkLockedFalling