Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
I notice you have a thing 3.5x3.5s, do you actually use one for its intended purpose?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 15, 2010 5:00:37 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I notice you have a thing 3.5x3.5s, do you actually use one for its intended purpose?

...what? I'm really confused as to what you're trying to say.

newfieldgrafix
3.5x3.5, is like a 4x4, but with out the manual gearbox... As for the 'purpose' I was reffering to things like living on a ranch in Montana, or a farm in Alabama...

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I went to a ranch in Montana when I went to the States once. Just thought I'd share that with y'all.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 15, 2010 5:42:45 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
3.5x3.5, is like a 4x4, but with out the manual gearbox... As for the 'purpose' I was reffering to things like living on a ranch in Montana, or a farm in Alabama...

I've never heard of it called that for not having a manual gearbox, that must me a regional thing for you.

You can tell just by looking at the truck that it's only RWD. But given the fact he lives in Washington, they do get snow there where 4WD can be utilized.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Actually, we do get snow here... not as much as some places, but it gets bad sometimes...

It's also fun to drive this because it has good power... I floored it when it was dead stop and it squealed like crazy... Ahh yeah... good times.

Power?

Ha.

newfieldgrafix
Nah, Jim, I made it up. Xuzi knows what I'm getting at.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
In the words of Simie:

...new?

Exanium

Exanium Avatar
We so excited.

Official Member

May 2010
I actually do like it, I would so much rather have that then a nice minivan :P

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
Actually, we do get snow here... not as much as some places, but it gets bad sometimes...

It's also fun to drive this because it has good power... I floored it when it was dead stop and it squealed like crazy... Ahh yeah... good times.

Power?

Ha.

That 4.3L V6 has some good power to it. Especially with the 4.11 rear-end :P.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar

I'd be willing to bet my car has more power. 4.9L V8 300ci engine. Fuck yeah. Only 200 horses, sadly. Modern Cadillacs come with double that.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Jim Avatar

I'd be willing to bet my car has more power. 4.9L V8 300ci engine. Fuck yeah. Only 200 horses, sadly. Modern Cadillacs come with double that.

Not a whole lot more :P. Your engine was good for 200 hp and 275 ft-lb. The 4.3L was good for 180 hp to 200 hp and 245 ft-lb to 260 ft-lb.

That Vortec V6 was a good engine in its time. But you have to remember, it's not just the power of the engine, but how the gearing is for how powerful it feels. The V6 will feel more powerful in the truck due to it being RWD and there being relatively little weight over the rear tires, so they'll break loose a lot easier than in your car, since most of your weight is in the front and it's FWD. It can be deceiving. Also the vehicle weight has a large deal to do with it, as that truck is nearly 1000 pounds lighter than your car, haha.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I never said my car was faster. I'm just mocking what he said about its power. My car is far from powerful, and even it trumps his truck. That's all I'm getting at. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar

I just looked it up. a 1991 S10 has 190 horsepower, and a sonoma is the same thing.

Anyhow, I never said my truck had more power than a V8... that would be stupid.

However, it does have more power than my jeep (4.0L i6)

PS - My mom's 1999 Jeep Cherokee has a 4.7 V8 Quadradrive AWD

I never said you said that, either. My point is simply that it's actually not very powerful in general. That's all.

newfieldgrafix
When are you gonna get a Vick..?

You shoud you know...

newBookmarkLockedFalling