Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Looks like a couple good ones in there. Which one do you usually carry (when you're not in school, that is).

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Never understood the obsession with weapons, but that's just me.

newfieldgrafix
Watch this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH3a-cIQj1o

Then:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hJG6WmrNZo

Follow it up with this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5fNZdWXthQ

Then brag about your status, and how cool knifes are.

I will be purchasing a new carbon steel 40" hand forged katana sometime this year, but I can assure you, I have the good sense not to carry it.

Oh, and for the record: www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons.aspx have fun on the stand, dude...

Crime is rife and death tolls are high. Mostly due to kids thinking carrying shit like this is cool. Frankly I find you pathetic and that your outlook on life in general is that of a 12 year old. You need to grow up, before you get yourself killed - or kill someone else.

Last Edit: May 19, 2010 16:28:20 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 19, 2010 16:23:09 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Watch this:

Then:

Follow it up with this:

I will be purchasing a new carbon steel 40" hand forged katana sometime this year, but I can assure you, I have the good sense not to carry it.

Oh, and for the record: www.atg.wa.gov/ConcealedWeapons.aspx have fun on the stand, dude...

Crime is rife and death tolls are high. Mostly due to kids thinking carrying shit like this is cool. Frankly I find you pathetic and that your outlook on life in general is that of a 12 year old. You need to grow up, before you get yourself killed - or kill someone else.

You realize that only applies for pistols, correct? There's nothing illegal about concealing a knife so long as the blade is less than five and a half inches in length.

Now, I'm not sure why you're blowing this out of proportion, but I like knives and I always have one on me. Not because I feel I need one to defend myself, but simply because they're useful. I end up needing one almost daily (and if not me, someone I am with needs one), so why wouldn't I carry one? I'd never pull it on someone, that's just stupid.

Xuzi, spring-assist knives are legal in California...so I'm pretty sure they're legal everywhere in the US.

Last Edit: May 19, 2010 16:51:09 GMT by Jim

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah... knives actually do have their usefulness to carry around. :P I would carry a pocketknife with me if I ever remembered for long enough.

newfieldgrafix
xmsteel Avatar

Knives don't kill people, people kill people. Don't act like I'm some criminal because I carry a useful tool.

I don't plan on murdering anyone.

I'm not saying you're a criminal, I was saying that you were irresponsible.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 19, 2010 16:23:09 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Watch this:

Then:

Follow it up with this:

You realize that only applies for pistols, correct? There's nothing illegal about concealing a knife so long as the blade is less than five and a half inches in length.

Now, I'm not sure why you're blowing this out of proportion, but I like knives and I always have one on me. Not because I feel I need one to defend myself, but simply because they're useful. I end up needing one almost daily (and if not me, someone I am with needs one), so why wouldn't I carry one? I'd never pull it on someone, that's just stupid.

This. I have a knife with me virtually every day and, I can't say I use it daily, but maybe weekly? Like James said, either I need it or someone I'm with needs it. It's very useful and that's why I wanted one, that's why I got one, and that's why I carry one.

newfieldgrafix
Jim Avatar

Xuzi, spring-assist knives are legal in California...so I'm pretty sure they're legal everywhere in the US.

I pulled the wrong one.

xmsteel Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 19, 2010 18:18:30 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

I'm not saying you're a criminal, I was saying that you were irresponsible.

That would mean everyone with a knife is irresponsible, which is stupid. I doubt that my parents would let me have knives if I wasnt responsible enough to have one.

"I was saying that you were irresponsible." Operative word: You.

OK, let me explain.

Xuzi cropped up in an IM window the other night bragging about his knives. I told him what I thought and that stronger legislation should be put in place, yadder, yadder. To avoid argument, I signed off.

Now, I've seen some fucked up shit in my life time, the kind that would make /b/ curl up in a ball. You know, stabbings, gang culture, and pretty much seeing people after they've been shredded (yes, a literal term). It annoyed me that Xuzi thought that carrying knives is cool, and so fourth. That was the end of it.

However Xuzi has now created an open thread, seeking justification and to further annoy me.

I'll lay my cards on the table, shall I?

Unless you can look some one in the eye, and bring yourself to actually slit their carotid artery in self defense and feel nothing, no remorse, can you be prepared to carry a knife for "protection", which I assume is your validating tag line.

Or you could put all this energy to use, and learn to disarm an opponent, and disable him without a knife.

I mean, if you actually wanna discus this as a Hobey, rather than a statement, by all means. I'm a blade enthusiast myself, so you're in good company there. Just check the attitude. That's all

Last Edit: May 19, 2010 20:21:49 GMT by newfieldgrafix

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Cautionary Tales Of Swords

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RpbaUU7NI

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Yes, I like knives. I didn't include 2 of them which were:

Buck 100th Anv. Small Pocket Knife
Schrade 70T (Old Timer)

Here's the collection, without those two:
In order, top to bottom:

Winchester (Big thing...)
Off-Brand Knife
Off Brand Spring Assist Knife (Illegal in my state, but not where I bought it)
Gerber
Smith & Wesson CRKT
Winchester Limited/Special Edition Hunting/Fishing Set of 2
Small Alexander (or w/e brand it is)
Tiny Victorinox Swiss Army Knife (Yes, a real one)

not bad of a collection you got started there. I should post my weapon collection sometime, you may like a few i have ^.^

randy
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 19, 2010 20:16:49 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Just check the attitude. That's all

Just an observation, looks like you are the one with the attitude. LOL.

Nice knife collection Xuzi.

I consider my knife a tool more than anything. 8-)

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Sure, people kill people. But you can't say that weapons don't have a huge part in that process. IMO, the only knife that could be potentially useful to have around is that of a Swiss Army Knife. You really shouldn't need anything else.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Fair point, Q, but if you have a swiss army knife, why not carry around daggers and the like? Claiming they're for the same purpose? Someone needs to abolish the crazy ass loophole that allows people to carry potentially life threatening weapons. When you vote for me, this is my promise.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Hey guys, I used my knife two days ago to open something. I don't think carrying a knife is cool and I don't believe that anything more than a Swiss army knife is overkill. I carry a blade for the simple fact that it's a valuable and useful tool. I've used it at my workplace, people's houses, public places, etc. I carry a knife because I need it. No, I don't need it to survive, but it does have many practical uses in my every day life and I use it for that.

So enough with bashing people who carry knives because I have never once wanted a knife for any violent use. I have the knife I have because I wanted something more than a Swiss army knife (which really isn't that good for more heavy duty scenarios) for whatever reason. A Swiss army knife is not very useful for cutting open a box or a plastic package. I mean, heavy duty scissors or a box cutter are prefered for those things and those will dull a knife, but when nothing else is available, it's a perfectly viable substitute.

tl;dr - My knife is a tool and I use it as such. Fuck off.

Edit: CRTK Mirage Gray Ghost

Closed
Open

Last Edit: May 20, 2010 9:39:12 GMT by Lucifer

newfieldgrafix
randy Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
May 19, 2010 20:16:49 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Just check the attitude. That's all

Just an observation, looks like you are the one with the attitude. LOL.

You bet

newBookmarkLockedFalling