Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Thought I might share how great Photoshop CS5 is with the Content-Aware filler. Seriously, I just highlighted this image, did a little refining with the new Smart Radius ( <3 ), and viola, look how almost perfect it turned out!

BEFORE: wimg.co.uk/PO_.jpg
AFTER: wimg.co.uk/Xbx.jpg

Thoughts? My only problem is the trees with the red leaves - it seemed part of the tree got slightly cut off on the top rightish tree. And there is a tree sticking out on the right end. But other then that, wow.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Are you serious?! NEED. CS5. :C
[/size]
Signature coming~

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Neat, but I'm in it for Flash so I can make apps.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Yeah, I've seen loads of examples of the content-aware feature. They go from awesome, to amazing - many of the examples are seamless. There are a few inconsistent areas where it's been used, however.

Those are indicated in the image - wimg.co.uk/K7g.jpg

Saved in low quality jpg, to make your life that much more interesting.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
JD Avatar
Yeah, I've seen loads of examples of the content-aware feature. They go from awesome, to amazing - many of the examples are seamless. There are a few inconsistent areas where it's been used, however.

Those are indicated in the image - wimg.co.uk/K7g.jpg

Saved in low quality jpg, to make your life that much more interesting.

Sad Torque is sad :C Low quality JPGs fail.

And yeah, but that's to be expected. It can only do so much, being a machine, controlled by a human :P And you can always go back and touch up things that CS5 screwed up or missed all together. Or just do what I do and hide it in the final product (If you're doing what I do, which are heavy duty, imaginative photo manipulations).
[/size]

Last Edit: May 25, 2010 20:10:36 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Haha, I saved to png, but the filesize was 11.3MB... too much for wImg. If it's too much for wImg, it's too much for me <3

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
JD Avatar
Haha, I saved to png, but the filesize was 11.3MB... too much for wImg. If it's too much for wImg, it's too much for me <3

-resists making many sexual jokes that came to mind-

Alright, I suppose you get away with it this time :P But you should try tinypic.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
With the image being the size it is, you can tell that something is 'wrong' where that pole/post was, but I'm pretty sure making the size smaller would make it much better and less noticeable.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Stinky666 Avatar
With the image being the size it is, you can tell that something is 'wrong' where that pole/post was, but I'm pretty sure making the size smaller would make it much better and less noticeable.

Torque supports this.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
To be honest, removing those things in CS4 and doing a much more consistent and higher quality job would only take me 20-30 minutes tops...

It's a cool feature, don't get me wrong. But I don't really think this is what this feature should be used for. It has far more potential than just removing things. I, personally, am curious at how it adds things instead. Content aware scaling is far more important in my eyes, and the effort in CS4 seemed half-assed at best.

newBookmarkLockedFalling