Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
YouTube Video

Apparently, a director wanted to make a MK movie and he wanted to prove that he could with this short film.

Source
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
That's not really a short film. :P It's a concept trailer. Regardless, it is pretty well done and may end up being a decent film (something which the last MK film I saw was not even close to being)

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Meh. They isn't any real clear information. :P

Barraka (sp?) doesn't look right, but the rest of the characters fit in with the new environment and modern setting. But I lol when 4 mins into the 'concept trailer', Johnny Cage is already dead. Lol

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
No, no. It's not a short film. :P Period. It's a concept trailer, just like the Halo ones were. A short film actually has a beginning, middle, and end. A concept trailer shows how a movie could work and teases its audience with just that - how it could work.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Josh Avatar
No, no. It's not a short film. :P Period. It's a concept trailer, just like the Halo ones were. A short film actually has a beginning, middle, and end. A concept trailer shows how a movie could work and teases its audience with just that - how it could work.

Nah, I believe you. I just meant that they didn't really say it was a concept trailer or anything so that's how I got confused. After further research, yah you're correct.

I believe they did everything in a day or something like that. Which is pretty rad!

Last Edit: Jun 11, 2010 21:42:18 GMT by Toshiru

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
For the love of all that is good and holy, I hope this movie happens. Good lord. Even the fight scene was absolutely top notch. Fucking fuck. I want this movie hard.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
For the love of all that is good and holy, I hope this movie happens. Good lord. Even the fight scene was absolutely top notch. Fucking fuck. I want this movie hard.

Agreed.
I dislike the MK movies, they all sucked big time in my opinion. This one though, looks like it could/would be amazing.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Stinky666 Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Agreed.
I dislike the MK movies, they all sucked big time in my opinion. This one though, looks like it could/would be amazing.

Hmm really? I thought the first one was pretty good compared to the other movie based on video games. I guess it was only 'cool' to watch as a child but suck ass in plot.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
The first one was acceptable for its time considering its budget and the fact that it was supposed to be an accurate game adaptation. Do despite how bad it is compared to good movies, I think it was good enough for what it was. The sequel, on the other hand (and the subsequent failed TV series) were just god-awful.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
not bad for a trailer, i kinda wish they did somewhat of a better job for some of the characters. If this does get made into a movie i pray that they do a good job with it. I enjoyed the other two movies and the most the actors fit the characters but yea they were bad. Also they should use the version of Barraka from the 1st movie that seem more like him.

newBookmarkLockedFalling