Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Xuzi: They may only always be a dollar where you are. Prices in the midwest (Colorado - Aryna, and Nebraska - Me) are much cheaper than the coasts. I'm getting paid about $10/hour because that's nearly minimum wage in Baltimore where my Boss is, but that's over $2 above it here (last I checked.) So, prices of products also vary because of this. In fact, when I went to Wendy's out in Boston, it was so much more expensive than it was here. About $3 more for a value meal. >.< That might have just been that one Wendy's, but you get the idea

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Never go to McDonalds in Orlando.

Just throwing that out there. They take your wallet from you and then rape you repeatedly with it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar

Just throwing that out there. They take your wallet from you and then rape you repeatedly with it.

That's how expensive it is? :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Josh Avatar

No. The employees are just violent assholes.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

No. The employees are just violent assholes.

This made Torque happy in her pants lawl.

Also, that sounds like prices at Robotics Competitions. :[ Seven dollars for a cheesburger makes Torque unhappy in her pants.

Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Meh. Sporting competitions as well always have overpriced food. Go to a pro sports game and it's absolutely ridiculous with prices. Movie theaters too.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Not what he said. Prices in the midwest are cheaper, and as far as pay goes, it depends on the job and how old you are. Minimum wage in Colorado is about 7.50, I think, but most jobs that pay by the hour (excluding McDonalds, Arbys, Taco Bell, Wendys, and Burger King, I don't know about them, I believe if you're a teenager it's minimum.), pay about 3 dollars more than minimum, but it really depends on how long you've had the job and you're position, and there's always that age factor too.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Aryna Avatar
Not what he said. Prices in the midwest are cheaper, and as far as pay goes, it depends on the job and how old you are. Minimum wage in Colorado is about 7.50, I think, but most jobs that pay by the hour (excluding McDonalds, Arbys, Taco Bell, Wendys, and Burger King, I don't know about them, I believe if you're a teenager it's minimum.), pay about 3 dollars more than minimum, but it really depends on how long you've had the job and you're position, and there's always that age factor too.

Age is huge when it comes to getting a first job. If you're under 18 in Michigan, for example, the minimum wage isn't really the minimum wage. It's $7.45 here at the moment, I believe. But a minor can be paid $6.25 or something like that.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Aryna Avatar

Age is huge when it comes to getting a first job. If you're under 18 in Michigan, for example, the minimum wage isn't really the minimum wage. It's $7.45 here at the moment, I believe. But a minor can be paid $6.25 or something like that.

Gay. No, really, that's stupid.

xuzi: I get paid that much because my boss is in Baltimore where it is higher. That's my point. Most of my friends make minimum or slightly above.

newBookmarkLockedFalling