Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Who here watched it? There sure wasn't any surprises besides the NEW XBOX (no its slim) and Kinect but I got to say it was pretty entertaining. I really didn't think the games for Kinect would be that fun-like. My favorite was the game from Harmonics studio (forgot name of game). It could teach me some dance moves, lol.

Here's a recap from the top of my head:
1. Gameplay of CoD:BO. Basically MW2 with new skin. Best part is where you can CONTROL the helicopter and wreck from above. Plus all CoD games till 2012 will have DLC hit 360 first.

2. First footage of Metal Gear Rising. Showcased Raiden's sword cutting awesomeness. Not sure if it can be played on Kinect.

3. Gears of War 3 was shown with 4 player co-op. You can now switch weapons with other teamates. Locusts and Lambert look sweeter than ever!

4. Fable 3. TBH I skipped over it because I didn't want to hear Peter talk and I'm not interested in the Fable franchise.

5. Halo Reach. Campaign looks sick as hell. They didn't show much honestly.

6. Showcasing Kinect games. Some of them look cool while some of them are retarded and probably humorous.

7. And the new xbox has to be the best looking console of this generation imo.

Anyways, thoughts? Has xbox made up for last years E3?

Last Edit: Jun 15, 2010 21:13:01 GMT by Josh
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I only watched the bit for Black Ops and I have to admit, I'm totally disappointed. I was expecting it to be better. I mean, quality wise. obviously Treyarch just don't have the same standards as what IW do for the detail etc.
Which is a shame, because I was really looking forward to this game. It just reminds me of Battlefield Bad Company 2, which sure the campaign was ok and all, but the details and gameplay just seemed more cartoon.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Force Unleashed II. The Old Republic.

Those three trailers were unbelievable. Also, hope you don't mind that I changed the title so that this is just the general E3 thread, as opposed to a Microsoft one. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
The Old Republic looked fucking amazing, obviously.

All my friends are pissed about the GoldenEye remake, though.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Some games caught my interest. Old Republic is probably one of the big ones. The thing that got me the most was the gameplay footage of Portal 2, though. 2011 will never arrive fast enough because of it.
wat

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Scorpian Avatar
Some games caught my interest. Old Republic is probably one of the big ones. The thing that got me the most was the gameplay footage of Portal 2, though. 2011 will never arrive fast enough because of it.

Portal 2 looks really nice. I was a bit disappointed that Valve's surprise was just Portal 2 on PS3. I mean that is a great for PS3 gamers but I want HL2: Ep3 or even a new CS.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Just looked up Portal 2. Hot damn. I already give up. Shit looks so complicated. I can't wait to play it.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Did anyone see Rage? It looks real nice and just shows that the graphical abilities of the consoles still have a lot of life to them. The textures of Rage were really great and it was running in a smooth 60 FPS. I'd say it is as good as Crysis 2.

Edit: Just took a look @ Portal 2 and it looks like it's gonna be amazing with new elements added like the repulsion gel. Annnnd graphics are waaay better than the first one.

Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 0:59:49 GMT by Toshiru

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I was only interested in valve's and bethesda's announcements - neither of which were any good. Portal for PS3? Good for it I guess. No TES:V. *cries*

richardgary1223
The Portal 2 trailer was good! :D

But... 2011 ... :c

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Portal 2 should be epic.

BTW, if they release the slim, will "classic" 360's price drop? I'm looking to buy at some point, but I'm poor. :P

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Chris Avatar
Portal 2 should be epic.

BTW, if they release the slim, will "classic" 360's price drop? I'm looking to buy at some point, but I'm poor. :P

Arcade xbox 360 is $150. Worth the price imo.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
The old Xbox 360s are on their deathbeds. They stopped manufacturing them a little over a month ago and they will not be making anymore. What are on store shelves now is all they will have. As soon as they run out, it is speculated that the Slim 360 will have another option or two added to it (Probably Arcade with no hard drive or WiFi and a Pro with 120GB and no WiFi or similar). So yeah, the white monsters are goners.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Josh Avatar
The old Xbox 360s are on their deathbeds. They stopped manufacturing them a little over a month ago and they will not be making anymore. What are on store shelves now is all they will have. As soon as they run out, it is speculated that the Slim 360 will have another option or two added to it (Probably Arcade with no hard drive or WiFi and a Pro with 120GB and no WiFi or similar). So yeah, the white monsters are goners.

And here's something funny about the slim; it can't RROD because they didn't install red lights into the box. Lol, smart MS.
;D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I just need one with a hard drive and I'll be content. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling