Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I recently was told about this horrifying case of cruelty. I'll tell you right now- I had bile rising in my throat just thinking about it. Apparently some woman (I've heard people say there were three in the car- this has not been confirmed by a reputable source as far as I've seen, so I can't say for sure) was trailering her horse down a road. It fell out of the back, and was dragged OVER TWO MILES to it's death. The horse, some eyewitnesses report, was screaming the entire way.

To see the actual story click here or here. The later contains a movie that is graphic in nature, so if you have a weak stomach don't watch.

Now, this is just my opinion and mini rant on the situation. And my outlook. The police aren't doing anything, apparently, and I'm calling them up and voicing a complaint, as is the rest of the horse world thanks to this person.

This is just ... Not okay. At all. It's screwed up beyond all belief. HOW does somebody commit such an atrocity, a murder, in cold blood and just walk away unscathed? Jail time, most definitely, should be faced. In the least. This sickens me more than I can say. While reading it I could feel bile rising in my throat. It's just ... It's unbelievable. Inexcusable. Horrific. How could an owner not care about it?! This owner is the type of person that deserves to be locked away. It was obviously on purpose- the "accident" part ended when the horse fell out- that is something you FEEL. Rear view mirrors? A horse screaming as it's flung backward? The sound of two thousand pounds of horse hitting the ground? I saw 2k because that horse, to me, looked like a warmblood. from what little body I could see (definitely not a cold or hotblood, I don't think, and it seems bigger than a pony). Hoofs scraping against asphalt? BONES scraping against asphalt?

I'm sorry, but this is just ... I can't even put words to it. I want to see that evil, inhumane thing get justice for what he or she has done to their animal. And I hope that horse rests in eternal peace- that's the very least it deserves.

I can tell you right now that this is neglect. I've been riding horses since I was seven or eight, and I have quite a bit of experience under my belt. You can, generally speaking, feel any major movement a horse makes while it's in a trailer. A horse falling out of a trailer would be something you'd notice right away.

EDIT:
lolololl spellcheck is my friend when school has my writing shot to hell.

Last Edit: Jun 17, 2010 10:11:55 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
I originally read this thread as "Disgusting taste of beastiality" for some odd reason. Maybe I need to get some sleep. :X

Edit: Still reading the thread. Will give my thoughts later.

Last Edit: Jun 17, 2010 3:50:52 GMT by Toshiru
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Toshiru Avatar
I originally read this thread as "Disgusting taste of beastiality" for some odd reason. Maybe I need to get some sleep. :X

Edit: Still reading the thread. Will give my thoughts later.

NO. NO. BAD. NO FURRIES. NO. >:C
Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
So I have to agree with you. Bitch needs punishment. It's not like I particularly care about horses, but animals in general.

Anybody wanna go with me to drag her three miles on the road?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Eric Avatar
So I have to agree with you. Bitch needs punishment. It's not like I particularly care about horses, but animals in general.

Anybody wanna go with me to drag her three miles on the road?

Dude, let's drag her down a three mile slalom.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I haven't read it yet, and as much as I'm opposed to animal cruelty, I can't see how they can prove they knew it was happening. Just my 2 cents.

newfieldgrafix

Stay out of my web history.

As for the topic, it's wrong, completely wrong. You can tell when you're dragging something, period.

She should go to jail for "negligence leading to the death of an animal" and "driving without due care". In England, she'd never be allowed to keep animals again!

Last Edit: Jun 17, 2010 6:39:51 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
I haven't read it yet, and as much as I'm opposed to animal cruelty, I can't see how they can prove they knew it was happening. Just my 2 cents.

Trust me, Lucifer. You can definitely tell when a two thousand pound animal falls out of your trailer. You can feel horses kicking the sides of the trailer, or if one starts flipping and spooking, or falls down. If the trailer door came open, and your horse flew out the back, you would absolutely know it. If you didn't, you were either under the unfluence of something or mentally incapable in some way. Either this woman did it on purpose (which is something almost too awful, in my mind, to consider) or she was under the influence of drugs (legal or not) and/or alcohol.

Not to mention all of the things added ontop. With everything that was happening, how could she not, at least, notice one thing? Horses are loud animals- if one was screaming in pain and terror, you'd hear it. And even if you thought it was just being a pig and didn't want to be in the trailer, that right there is when you pull over immediately to check on your horse so it doesn't spook and hurt itself. I mean ... there's just no way she couldn't have known.

Have you ever ridden with a horse in the back? Just wondering P: It might be the reason why you don't understand how they can prove it.

Last Edit: Jun 17, 2010 9:45:27 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Trust me, Lucifer. You can definitely tell when a two thousand pound animal falls out of your trailer. You can feel horses kicking the sides of the trailer, or if one starts flipping and spooking, or falls down. If the trailer door came open, and your horse flew out the back, you would absolutely know it. If you didn't, you were either under the unfluence of something or mentally incapable in some way. Either this woman did it on purpose (which is something almost too awful, in my mind, to consider) or she was under the influence of drugs (legal or not) and/or alcohol.

Not to mention all of the things added ontop. With everything that was happening, how could she not, at least, notice one thing? Horses are loud animals- if one was screaming in pain and terror, you'd hear it. And even if you thought it was just being a pig and didn't want to be in the trailer, that right there is when you pull over immediately to check on your horse so it doesn't spook and hurt itself. I mean ... there's just no way she couldn't have known.

Have you ever ridden with a horse in the back? Just wondering P: It might be the reason why you don't understand how they can prove it.

I haven't ever ridden with horses, so yeah, I'm fairly ignorant. I'll take your word for it. I doubt the abuse was intentional, though. I'd be willing to guess that the owner panicked and didn't know what to do which is why the horse was left to rot after the fact. Not saying the crime isn't equally reprehensible. I'm just saying I doubt it was intentionally malicious.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Twerque Avatar

I haven't ever ridden with horses, so yeah, I'm fairly ignorant. I'll take your word for it. I doubt the abuse was intentional, though. I'd be willing to guess that the owner panicked and didn't know what to do which is why the horse was left to rot after the fact. Not saying the crime isn't equally reprehensible. I'm just saying I doubt it was intentionally malicious.

For humanity's sake, I really hope she had no idea. The optimist in me wants to say you're right. The cynic, however, and the person that's heard far too many horror stories at the barn of cases of extreme abuse? The cynic says she's one sick bitch.
[/size]
Signature coming~

newBookmarkLockedFalling