Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
click. Tater teh amazing made it, so I thought I'd show it here in case anybody wants to join, since I promised her I'd "spread the word."

So ... go join?

/spam.

Signature coming~

taterade

taterade Avatar

March 2010
Yes, please do. xD Proboards is awesome, and I love it because I can skin it without going through an obscene amount of complex coding steps for even the simplest of skins, but daaaang, I really love doHTML, which PB has thus far refused to allow. ]:

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
What's doHTML?
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It would let you put HTML into posts.

Unless you want to increase the overhead significantly and make all forums slower, it's not worth it. And either way, it'd be completely disabled here on SZ if someone tried to use it. BBCode is more than enough for people's needs honestly. Tell me one time you legitimately need doHTML?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Chris: I might've interpreted this incorrectly, but embedding flash in posts?

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
The Proboards team purposefully removed this functionality from the forums for the reasons that Chris mentioned, and for continuity I.E. if incorrect html was entered, the layout of the threads may suffer.

That being said, you can use HTML in your headers and footers, and codes can be created to include them into posts - but I seriously doubt they'll include this.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar

Unless you want to increase the overhead significantly and make all forums slower, it's not worth it. And either way, it'd be completely disabled here on SZ if someone tried to use it. BBCode is more than enough for people's needs honestly. Tell me one time you legitimately need doHTML?

Pffft, I, honestly, for the record, don't care all that much P: I love proboards just fine the way it is. I just joined because I wouldn't have heard the end of it from Tater if I hadn't :P
Signature coming~

newfieldgrafix
Chris Avatar

As if we don't get enough forum spam as it is!? Now they want iframes, and shit!? I don't think so.

UBBC is used for a reason.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quilford: No, it'd be limited to general formatting... bold/strong, italics/emphasis, underline/... underline. Etc. It wouldn't give them iframes ability, etc. for security reasons. It's just gonna slow the forum down to have to attempt to validate doHTML tags and their contents.

newBookmarkLockedFalling