Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So, the day has finally arrived, and honestly...it's about motherfucking time.

Tomorrow morning, I'll be driving to the MEPS in Sioux Falls where I'll spend the night before flying out the next morning to boot camp. Today is my last real day of freedom. I've been living life to the fullest in every sense of the word. Last night I partied with my buddies, slept today away, and now I'm about to get ready to hang out with someone for a bit before one last LAN party with some of my closest friends.

It's interesting how my leaving has affected me. I've become incredibly close with people I wasn't close with before, or who I was close with before that drifted away for while. I've made new friends and had reason to see old friends. The other night, I had a going away dinner for just me and whatever friends wanted to show up. I've never been very popular, but I had over 20 people show up. That may not sound like a whole lot, but it was a hell of a lot for me. Over 20 people were willing to go out to eat after midnight on a Sunday, many of them with less than a day's notice. I think that speaks volumes, especially considering that there was some friends who couldn't make it (work in the morning), but immediately hung out with me the next day (last night as of writing this). It just changed my whole perspective of my friends. Even the ones I'm not so close with are amazing friends and the ones I'm close with obviously love me more than I knew.

But I digress. Point of this post is that I wanted all of YOU to know that this is probably the last time you'll see me for a couple months. Boot camp is right around the corner. So yeah.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
I'm about to get ready to hang out with someone for a bit before one last LAN party with some of my closest friends.

Nerd.

I hope you have a ton of fun man, you should definitely let us know how it's going via facebook or text message.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
See you when you're back, mate. =) Never realized, but we gotta talk more.

And this is for you.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
If you don't come back with at least one epic and hilarious story I will be very disappointed.

Anyways, don't get too in shape. And try to have a good time.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Have fun dude. :P If you can, you should totally drive 3 more hours south to Omaha and we can chill. Totally should.

But yeah, have fun. Kick some ass, and... well, that's about it. Takes some names I guess?

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I'll miss you. :-*

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Should be quite the adventure, nice to see you've ended the past chapter of your life on a high note. Hope to hear from you soon <3

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
@jim: Well DUH! I mean, the Facebook and texting will have to wait until after boot camp, but yeah.

@aaron: Most definitely. You should be on Facebook more. :P

: Are you saying something epic and hilarious in general or something epic and hilarious concerning me specifically? And I'm gonna get in great shape. Like...uh...Lou Ferrigno.

: You'll likely be back at MIT by the time boot camp is over. But, if not, I might swing down that direction. ;)

@conor: I'll miss you, too, buddy. Shame I'm leaving just as you make it back around these parts.

@abzebras: Yes, it ended on a very good note. The last month or so has been pretty good in general, but this last week or so in particular has been nothing short of amazing.

And to all of you in general, thanks for the kind words. I'll be back before you know it, I'm sure. Can't wait to see y'all in 2 months!

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Give your Drill Sargent shit on the first day. It'll make life so much easier for the next three months!

newBookmarkLockedFalling