Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
With the recent addition of report to mod and the (accidental) confirmation of merge/split posts in the future, what else do you guys want to see from PB in their v4.5 updates or even in v5?

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
The ability to not lose a months worth of posts.
k

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Andrew McGivery Avatar
The ability to not lose a months worth of posts.

They're already introducing a new back-up system, I believe. And had been at the time that the harddrive failure occurred (some forums that went down were restored with more recent data).

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Fredy: They already realize their mistake. :P And Aaron's right, they were in the process of literally backing up the forums with their new system as the hard drive failed. Shit happens. If I'm not even pissed about it, why are you? ;)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I'm pissed because I posted about ten threads the day before the crash. ><

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
A way of officially exporting a forum to self-hosted system would be nice, but will never happen.

They should also add the skins id to the body's class name, so you can target CSS to certain skins.

Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 13:51:59 GMT by Simie

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Simie:That'd actually be an awesome v4 addition, but can't you just do that manually already? :P (I understand the implications normally.)

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Chris Avatar
Simie:That'd actually be an awesome v4 addition, but can't you just do that manually already? :P (I understand the implications normally.)

Well yeah, I guess. It might have some crazy layout moving if loading slowly though, since the style would not be applied immediately.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, if the first line in your global headers assigns the ID to the body, then it'd be just as instant. :P

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
True enough.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Chris Avatar
With the recent addition of report to mod and the (accidental) confirmation of merge/split posts in the future, what else do you guys want to see from PB in their v4.5 updates or even in v5?

The option of having sub-boards appear in the board description box. Ability to purchase more file space for attachments. Maybe they could get rid of that ugly News Fader and replace it with something (that doesn't fade!) that updates automatically with calendar events, most recent posts, etc.

Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 17:29:56 GMT by Deko

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I want a pregnancy detector! >:(

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Wrighty: lawl. :P

Deko: Actually, all damn good ideas. o.O I like 'em.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Chris Avatar
Wrighty: lawl. :P

Deko: Actually, all damn good ideas. o.O I like 'em.

Thanks. :) Are there any other confirmed additions/updates? I am hoping they update the forum images index so that they show previews of the images in use rather than the proboard defaults. And it'd be nice if they could get the topic summary to appear on the preview post page.. something I think they could have fixed years ago.

Last Edit: Jul 29, 2010 18:49:48 GMT by Deko

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Voice recognition. No more typing needed to post.

newBookmarkLockedFalling