Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Iiiii outsmarted antivir, I outsmarted annnntiiiiviiiirrrr! >D -sings and dances-

I'm so proud of myself ;3

Nevermind. I'm an idiot :| And apparantly can't get rid of this malware.

Last Edit: Jul 29, 2010 18:56:41 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Who.... cares?

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
I don't know what any of this means. But congratulations..I think. :P

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Eric Avatar
Who.... cares?

Considering the fact that I lied and Antivir is still wreaking havoc on my computer? Nobody. -.-

Deko Avatar
I don't know what any of this means. But congratulations..I think. :P

P: Antivir is this malware thingy I've had on my computer for the last few days. It makes itself look like an antivirus system, like norton or whatever. Then it won't let you start any programs, and everytime you go on the internet it'll say that you're infected and need help and ask you to go to it's website. It's ridiculous. :|
Signature coming~

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Oh damn. I'd be pretty psyched too.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Yeah, it's pretty awful >> And I think, think, that I've finally outsmarted it. If not, I might have to wipe my system completely :/ Do not want.

Last Edit: Jul 29, 2010 20:10:55 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Formatting is the only guaranteed way to get rid of it. :P

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Chris Avatar

Wrong.

Combofix gets rid of everything bad, seriously. Got rid of a trojan my mom got on the desktop. Also got rid of a facebook virus that shuts off internet.

www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix

Reason: I've had no viruses in the past 3+ Months. Please trust me on this, I know A LOT about this type of stuff, more so than graphics design or anything else.

Also wrong. Combofix didn't fix mine, although it made progress as did Malwarebytes. Ended up reformatting, but I'm glad I did, it's wayyyy faster now.

Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010 0:19:18 GMT by abZebras

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar

Lalallala, I can't heeear you. I can't hear you D'8 Don't tell me that, please. Please. I'm trying Hijackthis, now. Because I've heard good things. x___x

But, the weird thing is, I'm on my sisters' account. It's not affecting ANY account by mine. And this account, as of today, was made administrative. That's what's confusing me D:

Last Edit: Jul 30, 2010 1:49:36 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Tork: Virus made it administrative I bet.

Also, not affecting her account probably means only yours is infected. :P If you have backed up everything (and i mean EVERYTHING, like Fx bookmarks, extensions, etc.) I think it -might- (only -might-) be worth trying to delete your profile.

Xuzi: Want me to write a brand new virus right now? :) It won't be able to stop it then. Any anti-virus program can be defeated by new viruses or not having a way to stop other viruses yet. This virus may not be able to be combated by combofix.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Xuzi - you won't reply at this point, but whatever. :P It won't. If I make it so the first thing the virus does is delete entire parts of your hard drive, it can't really stop it then. It's too late, especially if it's run in the command box. It is possible to bypass any current virus protection if you create a new virus. That's why they have constant updates to said programs.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
The way I got rid of this crap, was to delete/remove the .exe from my task manager, then do a virus scan, and voila.
Though, if I remember correctly, it was a bitch deleting the .exe from the task manager, because it wouldn't let me open Task manager or anything. Kept giving some sort of error.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
I just transferred all of the files I knew weren't infected and I wanted to keep to a new account, and deleted my original account. It seems to be completely gone- haven't had an error since.

And, yeah, that error was a bitch >:C

Signature coming~

newfieldgrafix

I see it caught on...

Anyways, get Malwarebytes (Google) scan, yadder, yadder, post log file, I'll look into it when I get a free minute.

Edit: didn't see a second page.

Also, it should be "C:>"

Last Edit: Aug 10, 2010 5:45:48 GMT by newfieldgrafix

newBookmarkLockedFalling