Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, we can always hope that isn't the best song on the album?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
The impression I've gotten is that they "discovered" a new sound and wanted to do an entire album on it. If they did an entire album fusing rock and techno, I would assume that all of the songs are about the same.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
I'd like it a lot more if the vocal track was louder.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
I stopped listening to Linkin Park once Minutes to Midnight came out. As much as I like Chester Bennington's vocal work, their newer material is lacking the hip-hop influence their earlier stuff had. I don't know why bands feel like they have to re-invent themselves. I blame Transformers :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Deko Avatar
I stopped listening to Linkin Park once Minutes to Midnight came out. As much as I like Chester Bennington's vocal work, their newer material is lacking the hip-hop influence their earlier stuff had. I don't know why bands feel like they have to re-invent themselves. I blame Transformers :P

Transformers came after Minutes to Midnight was recorded (and maybe even released), though. :P I still didn't like Minutes to Midnight, though. After QWERTY (Behind Your Lies), I thought we were going to finally get what they promised us when they put out A.06. No such luck.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Josh Avatar
Transformers came after Minutes to Midnight was recorded (and maybe even released), though. :P I still didn't like Minutes to Midnight, though. After QWERTY (Behind Your Lies), I thought we were going to finally get what they promised us when they put out A.06. No such luck.

Yeh, but I feel like the movie attracted alot of attention towards that song("What I've Done") and their new style of music. If you hear "New Divide", the song they wrote specifically for Revenge of the Fallen, it's pretty much the same damn song. Oh well, they can't suck forever right?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeeeeah. When you go away from your genre this far, it's gonna be tough for them to go back. Especially with the success they've found away from their hip hop and metal influences.

Kinda sad. Nu metal is making a comeback. KoRn, Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Taproot, etc. have all gone back to their roots. Too bad LP didn't do the same

richardgary1223
hates techno... I've just listened to the catalyst preview... sucks.

newBookmarkLockedFalling