Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f-Qv1gbFcU

RIM's newest phone and OS, the blackberry torch featuring blackberry OS 6.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Like I said on MSN... it looks pretty cool. :P If it doesn't end up being a flop like the first storm, I'll probably get it when my NE2 is up for grabs with Verizon.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
The phone itself resembles the Pre too much, I think. That doesn't bode well for Blackberry since the Pre pretty much killed Palm.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
I thought this was going to be some hacked rigged up blackberry to make it shoot flames or something. Surprised it was ACTUALLY the name of it ;)

k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
I thought this was going to be some hacked rigged up blackberry to make it shoot flames or something. Surprised it was ACTUALLY the name of it ;)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
The phone itself resembles the Pre too much, I think. That doesn't bode well for Blackberry since the Pre pretty much killed Palm.

Considering their wide variety of similar models, I'm not to sure. Remember, OS6 isn't unique to the Torch. Just the touch screen part is.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
it looks cool
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Josh Avatar

Considering their wide variety of similar models, I'm not to sure. Remember, OS6 isn't unique to the Torch. Just the touch screen part is.

I'm not saying HP will buy RIM 2 years from now. I'm just saying that people didn't really like the form factor. Same with other phones like the Samsung Propel (which was a budget, feature phone too). Of course, RIM already has the built in userbase used to the keyboard style so who knows. I just don't think this is going to be the thing to stop the projected 50% of their userbase planning to switch to Android or the iPhone.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Chris Avatar

I'm not saying HP will buy RIM 2 years from now. I'm just saying that people didn't really like the form factor. Same with other phones like the Samsung Propel (which was a budget, feature phone too). Of course, RIM already has the built in userbase used to the keyboard style so who knows. I just don't think this is going to be the thing to stop the projected 50% of their userbase planning to switch to Android or the iPhone.

Probably not. Unless they turn things around soon, I'll be among that 50%. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling