Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
That's actually a decent investment. I'm usually up hours past midnight staring at a screen til my eyes bleed. I wish that app had been around a few years ago. Of course, that would require me buying an iPhone and that's just something I will not do.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Oh there's no getting your money's worth here. You kissed 3 dollars goodbye. XD

And I forgot about the ipod touch. I do need a new MP3 player so...maybeh :D

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Arizona's at 9% now. I feel your pain, I just feel it .5% less :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
yay for ontario's 13% tax.... >_>
k

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Yeah 6% sales tax.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jim Avatar
Yeah 6% sales tax.

You're still at 6% despite the economy?.... o.O

We're at like 8% now I think. Dunno. Can't remember and don't care. :P

At $3 and if you plan to invest lots of use into it over time, it's not really that bad. I mean, say you actually log 100 posts posted from it... at 15 seconds minimum between posts, that's 1500 seconds or 25 minutes. Well, assuming downloading, browsing, and reading time, you easily start piling up hours so that you paid $3 for 6 hours of use? $0.50/hour is not bad, and it'll only keep decreasing. :P

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
If i had an ipod i would get it
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Chris Avatar
At $3 and if you plan to invest lots of use into it over time, it's not really that bad. I mean, say you actually log 100 posts posted from it... at 15 seconds minimum between posts, that's 1500 seconds or 25 minutes. Well, assuming downloading, browsing, and reading time, you easily start piling up hours so that you paid $3 for 6 hours of use? $0.50/hour is not bad, and it'll only keep decreasing. :P

That's one way to look at it. I, like most people, convert dollars into McDonald's menu items. After most of my purchases I think to myself "Well, looks like I'll be eating the 6 piece McNuggets today instead of the 10."

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
I honestly do not know why anybody would spend $2.99 for this app. There's a reason apple provided us with a full-html browser.

When I tried to argue this with pat, he said the following in two tweets:

"$2.99 for ad-free, ability to attach images with your posts, load the forum faster, and displaying in a size meant for your phone?"

"Better than a "full-html" browser. Try out the free app and see how you like it."

1. I can't tell you the last time I even noticed an ad - I run a mental ad-free program, if you will.

2. I don't attach images using proboards' servers. I upload to imageshack (which you can do with a free app), or upload to my FTP server since I have a jailbroken phone.

3. Forums load just fine for me, whether I'm on Edge (no 3G here..yet) or Wifi. I don't really notice a difference between my phone and my laptop.

4. Since I've ruled out all of the other points, if the GUI is your only other argument, then this app is completely pointless. I prefer to see a forum the way it was designed anyway.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Paradox

Paradox Avatar
Formerly, Jam-Legalize.

Official Member

June 2008
Just take your laptop to bed, it's faster - and you can multitask D:

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
xmsteel Avatar
payed

next investment = dictionary ;)

payed = past tense of having coated something like a ship with tar or other material.

:P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
paiyidd.
k

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Wow, jeez guys. We have 17.5% VAT here. Stop your fussing :P

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Simie Avatar
Wow, jeez guys. We have 17.5% VAT here. Stop your fussing :P

Wherever it is you live, I'm never moving there..

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
No sales tax whatsoever here in Delaware. =)

newBookmarkLockedFalling